Information for getting together and planning things

  • Autumn Cardone
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      If people would like this sort of information, it can be easily set up in the database section of this yahoo group. (In fact, I believe that anyone who is a member of this group, and has a yahoo account, could set up a table/database like what you are suggesting. These things are very easy to set up, once you know what it is that you want to know; it takes less than 5 minutes to set them up.)

      Currently, there is a database for members, which I set up so people could easily get together with others in their area and have "local" groups/activities. I highly encourage everyone to put in your information, so when people in your area want to get together and do something, they can find you and invite you along.

      The database features are available at:

      There is also a calendar feature, where everyone who is a member of this group, and has a yahoo account, can post upcoming activities. Then the calendar can be set up to send out a reminder of the activity whenever you want (please think about how often you set the reminders for, though).

      Also, remember, that most of the features of this yahoo group are available so that any member of the group, who also has a yahoo account, can add to them:

      - would you like to start a poll?
      - would you like to post some pictures from an event?
      - would you like to share some great equestrian web sites (SCA, tack, EQ, history, classes, books, for sale, whatever seems appropriate)?
      - would you like to collect info. for something like these classes? (use the database)
      - would you like to talk live with some fellow members of this group? (there is a chat room)

      Check out all the features of this yahoo group, which are available for everyone to make use of!

      -- Collett
      trying to be a helpful list owner

      Lauren Marrero wrote:

      To take this idea further: the list could also have the locations, skills and available times for each member.  Then it would be easy to divide the list into regions or times under a couple of teachers.  So, if we have too many "chiefs" we can just send them to the next nearest location.

      -Lauren

       "mme_mina <mme_mina@...>" <mme_mina@...> wrote:

      I agree, that could become a problem. I know that in the past I have
      not helped out like that beacuse I felt that there were too many
      cheifs and not enough indians.

      So do you think that maybe we can set up a group list of who would
      like to teach and who wouldnt?

      I am all for teaching the Basics that need to be taught (been doing
      that for my husband.) and my horse March is great for that when I can
      get him places because he is small and not intimidating.

      Just thoughts.

      -Mina

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "tlwhyte17 <tlwhyte@a...>"
      <tlwhyte@a...> wrote:
      > I totally agree with you, but I think our question is *how* do we
      > best lead in this particular instance. Do we show up to show
      support?
      > Certainly we will help publicize any such groundwork clinic, be it
      > now or in the future. If we did show up we could, of course, jump
      in
      > and help someone that had questions, but that *might* turn into
      > a "too many teachers* situation.
      >
      > Respectfully confused,
      > Genevieve

      Do you Yahoo!?