Speaking as an EQ Autocrat

  • kknib
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      As a group, we welcome interest, applaud attendance and
      encourage open minds.

      Please remember that lots of time and energy goes into setting
      up an event, and those plans are done around conditions that
      the EQ Autocrat and EQMiC are privy to. Please, please,
      PLEASE if you are not the EQ Autocrat, or the EQMiC of an event,
      DON'T make promises concerning what will happen at that
      event. No matter how nice some activity might be, there is
      usually a REASON why it is not being offered.

      Encouraging someone to further their interest in the Equestrian
      Arts is commendable, The problem comes when
      encouragement becomes a "promise"(or is seen as one) that
      the people in charge of running that event are unaware of.
      Remember, there are factors we are all aware of that non-horse
      people need to have CLEARLY explained in laymen's terms.

      Since a similar occurrence (to what seems to have happened at
      CrownÂ…according to the posts) was in danger of happening at
      Spring Equestrium, I'm speaking from my recent experience of
      trying to head off what could have been a "public relations"
      nightmare! Again, thanks to those who brought this potential
      problem to my attention!

      When we speak to the populace, we are seen as Riders of the
      West. By all means, give out the EQ Autocrats contact
      information. I know I'm happy to answer questions, so that
      everyone has a successful and sane experience. (though at the
      moment my access to yahoo mail is iffy)

      If there is a certain thing/ activity/ service that someone feels
      should be availableÂ…by all means PLAN IT, and we will come.

      In Service
      Kristin
      p.s. Ellen wanted me to let everyone know that Spring
      Equestrium has a confirmed vet on call (who is just down the
      road from the site)