12th Night Equestrian Table

  • Bjorn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007
      I just wanted to send out a "thank you" to everyone who helped out at
      the equestrian table, you guys did a great job. Also a big thanks to
      Gwen who it seemed to man it all day! WOW!

      Also thanks to everyone who provided something to auction. Some of
      the items really peeked the populace interest!

      It was great!

      Zinaida Or'Shaia
      (Zin-a-da)
    • dkarp@juno.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007

        Being able to say "Zin a da" is SOOOO much better than saying "Bjorn who changed it to something but I do not know how to pronounce it" <GRIN>

        How is the rest pronounced, pray tell?  Also, was it you who made the apple tart thingie at the Ball?  If so, it was YUMMY!

        Plus, anyone know how how much money we made?

        SnS

        Zinaida Or'Shaia
        (Zin-a-da)

      • la3luna
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007
          Siobhan,

          I heard about $700. The horsehair was reported to be a big earner -
          $100 for those items alone!

          JoA

          > Plus, anyone know how how much money we made?
          >
          > SnS
        • Bjorn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2007
            > How is the rest pronounced, pray tell?
            Or-sha-ya

            Also, was it you who made the apple tart thingie at the Ball? If
            so, it was YUMMY!

            Apple tart was me, its actually a medieval recipe for Galette which
            as I am sure everyone knows is an italian dessert. Good to hear it
            was yum.

            > SnS

            Zinaida Or'Shaia!
            > (Zin-a-da)

            > -dkarp=juno.com@...
            > X-UNTD-UBE:-1
            > Recent Activity 2New Members
            > Visit Your Group SPONSORED LINKSMedieval tapestry
            > Medieval costume
            > Medieval and renaissance costume
            > Yahoo! NewsUS News
            > Get the latest
            > national news now
            > Yahoo! AvatarsExpress Yourself
            > Show your style in
            > Messenger & more.
            > Yahoo! TVThe Apprentice
            > Watch a new season
            > in Los Angeles
            > .

          • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2007
              Thanks to both of you for donating auction items and helping at the
              display. We raised $723.00!!! Many of you were there to set-up
              or close down as well: Siobhan, Elisabeth, Marguerite, Collette &
              Allesandro, Gwyn & Illaria (Lori of Rivenoak), Henrik, Juliana,
              Ellen & Kristin.

              Gwen

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2007
                Wow! That just goes to show that one person's junk really is another's
                treasure! Much of what I donated were SCA items I no longer use, or
                stuff like feast gear that insists on following me home/getting left
                in my camp kitchen when I don't want anymore (fair warning: do not
                leave your dishes in my kitchen on Sunday of a camping event& never
                try to claim them! ;-)

                Since it went so well, my pack-rattish tendencies might be kept in
                check if we do it again in future years (don't know that I'll have
                quite as much though, we moved this year so I had just gone through it
                all & asked myself, will I ever use this?)

                ;-), Marguerite