Re: 12th Night Silent Auction

  • la3luna
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hi, from ccccoooold Cool CA!

      -I am bringing my "old" display board denoting SCA EQ Games and
      Activities with photos and explainations. We've used this one at
      horse events and it seems to answer most questions (fairly
      comprehensive)

      -I am also bringing the champhron, crinnet and peytral that His
      Majesty had made for Jester. Most impressive!

      -Bringing the lozengy barding (It's done!)

      -Bringing the Medieval saddle and hoping to have my 14th C bridle
      finished for the A&S competition!

      With all the horse armour and barding I wanted to get a hold of a
      display horse. That would really add some PIZZOWIE to the display!
      Does anyone have one ... or am I going to have to ask His Excellency
      to make me one by friday?

      Also, I am donating 2 pairs of lovely NIB khussa slippers (size 9). I
      am mulling over a promissory for jousting training. Not sure if I can
      offer that up?

      YIS,

      Juliana
    • Dianne L Karp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007

        I think this is the first post I've seen mention it since the EQ
        meeting, so I'm thinking the answer is yes! You can never have too
        many things in a silent auction, after all (something for everyone..).

        I'll be bringing:
        - horsehair, and several handouts fir how to make helm padding to put
        in other people's bags of horsehair (others are bringing more -
        right?)
        - a promissary for a silk painted banner made by me, date TBD with winner
        - assorted feast gear/candle things
        - a heraldic lion tapestry
        - two periOID prints (The Accolade and La Belle Dame Sans Merci)
        - an olympic hunter/jumper tapestry (not SCA, but horsie)
        - a large framed hunt scene print and two small similar framed prints
        (not SCA, but horsie)

        What is everyone else bringing?

        Also, has everyone gotten Collette their photos for the display board?
        What about the EQ arts display- what are folks bringing?

        ;-), Marguerite

        On 12/30/06, Bjorn <deliriumskid@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Does anyone know if we need more auction stuff for 12th night?
        or
        > Pictures for our display?
        >
        > Curious as I have some
        things around that i could offer up to
        > auction :)

        Zinaida
        > (was bjorn)

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- -

        This is not an official SCA email list.

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --
        > This
        email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- -
        > Check out
        our Web Page:

        href="http://www.westkingdom.org/equestrian/">http://www.westking dom.org/equestri an/

        Community email addresses:
        > Post message:
        href="mailto:WestKingdomEQ%40yahoogroups.com">WestKingdomEQ@ yahoogroups. com

        Subscribe: WestKingdomEQ- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • bulotki@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          I've got books: The Middle Kingdom Book of the Horse, donated by Donwenna at Spring EQ; some beginner books, donated by Her Majesty.  And a rubber quintain cornelle.

          Gwen