Re: Owner's rights, was Chosing the right horse speed

  • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
      Ellen,

      Every owner has the right to determine who will ride or even touch
      their horse and under what conditions, both in and out of the SCA.
      If a rider refuses to do as asked, they are done riding -- at a
      minimum for that day, and perhaps longer. All EQ Marshals and
      EQMiCs, this is a reportable incident, no excuses.

      Gwen
      West KEO

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "ellenwwind" <ellenwwind@...>
      wrote:

      > I have read the re-writes and agree with pretty much everything
      > (happy dances around the room). The one thing I have found
      missing
      > in the rewrite of our rules is the part a horse owner plays, (as
      in
      > the requests to riders from the owner are to be considered LAWS
      > towards use of their horse). I know it shouldn't have to be
      stated.
      > However, considering the fact that if I see someone on my horse
      > doing something ill advised or I have specifically forbidden, I
      will
      > rip them off said animal and march what is left to the EqMC.
      >
      > That said, it would be nice to have those actions stated as right
      > and proper in the Known Worlde to shut down the "but I was
      only..."
      > excuses. I also know that the horse owner does have a
      > responsibility to inform the marshallate of any restrictions on
      the
      > use of their animals as well so they can be properly monitored if
      > the owner has to leave the area.
      >
      > IMHO,
      >
      > Ellen

    • la3luna
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
        I finally got through the rewrite today - QUITE a painless experience
        actually!

        I applaud the rewrite. I am very happy to see a common sense approach
        coming to the SCA Equestrians. Making a change to more personal
        responsibility for each rider is a big step in the right direction.
        Personal responsibility on the part of each rider is how the majority
        of horse groups/events outside of the SCA funtion. It has a history of
        working well.

        And the revised jousting rules ... Juliana is doing a happy dance!

        YIS,

        Juliana of Avon
      • Dianne L Karp
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
          We are still discussing and rewriting - every day, sigh <G>

          I posted some 'conventions' for discussion yesterday which did include
          the idea that the horse owner has final say.

          SnS