Henry the Eighth and the Native British Ponies

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Greetings all,

      I'm trying to be good and work on my research paper for Cynaguan
      Investiture while I have a bit of down time from work.

      Does anyone have any documentation regarding the factual basis for the
      myth that Henry the Eighth ordered ponies under 13-15 hds (depending on
      which version you read) killed?

      The edict is sited in almost everything you read on the native British
      Isle ponies, but I can't find a specific date, speech, or document it
      was attributed to. Clearly I just need more books...