Farrier & Feet

  • garth_horse
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      so apart from my other note i work around alaska as a farrier/
      trainer.

      BUT* i would like to possibly build some clients down in centeral
      kingdom. enough to cover basic exspences for a trip down and stay a
      few days ... do a few rides , do a few feet and shop.

      i'll post the average results back to the list in a reasonable
      enough time frame that people can contact me

      so to save the list some spam if horse owners would contact me off
      list either phone or e-mail that would be great garth_horse@yahoo OR
      907-399-8199 time zone is 1hr later and call anytime before 1030pm

      the main questions are :

      how often do you have your feet done ( weeks )

      how often you have your teeth done ( months )

      do you use a regular farrier

      how much do you pay for trim/shoes

      do you know how to care for your own feet

      ****does your horse have special needs or misbehave for the farrier**
      this one is a terrible topic and i consider it quite personal. i
      have worked with some abused or damaged horses and they require
      drugs or put in stocks or both. some just won't pick up thier feet
      - i do a pair of mammoth jacks that used to have that problem- and
      others are leaners. of course if you have the exceptional horse that
      is basically an automatic those are a real pleasure and i like to
      hear about them too

      garth