Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Re: Fwd: [SCA Equestrian] SCA IKEQC website up

  • Dianne L Karp
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
      Which I did do (wince - finally!) awhile ago.

      On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:21:11 -0700 "Rachael Keish"
      <rachaelo@...> writes:
      > We've also been looking ino some database issues, which I think are
      > resolved, so I'll double check the scores that have been entered OK
      > this weekend after I unpack the paperwork ( I think I know just the
      > box its in... :-)
      >
      > There were some scores that were being calculated incorrectly for
      > some
      > reason, that I asked Siobhan tio re-enter some time ago (I can
      > approve
      > scores, but not mess with the raw data).
      >
      > :-), Marguerite
      >
      > On 10/4/06, Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent <bulotki@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
      > waterlogged
      > > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
      > >
      > > Gwen
      > >
      > > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, David Walters <wyllow@...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Why didn't my rings/reeds scores get counted?
      > > >
      > > > -Hamish

      > > This is not an official SCA email list.

      > > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
      > which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
      > the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

      > > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > This is not an official SCA email list.
      >

      > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
      > which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
      > the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

      > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • equigal_99
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
        Um, 'scuse me for hijacking the thread, but on the subject of IKEqC
        competition and scoring etc. Does anyone hold any equestrian events
        billed as "Inter Kingdom Equestrian Competition"? I mean, I know
        there are out of kingdom visitors at some wars (Pennsic, GWW, GW,
        Estrella, and a few others) but these are generally tournaments where
        the scores are submitted to the IKEqC website, right? What I want to
        know is, has there ever been an SCA "Inter Kingdom" Equestrian
        tournament specifically designed to foster competitive sportmanship
        between kingdoms?

        I'm noodling and was curious...

        Ariadne (realizing she has only been in the SCA 4 years so far!)

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Viscountess Gwendwyn the
        Silent" <bulotki@...> wrote:

        > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
        waterlogged
        > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
        >
        > Gwen
      • Donna DeBonis, DVM
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
          Yes , that would be the Emprise held every year at Gulf Wars held in Gleann Abhann  see www.gulfwars.org . Typically, there are riders from at least 6 kingdoms and from as far away as An Tir ;'>

          In joyful service to An Tir,
          THL Donwenna La Mareschale
          www.huntguild.org
          Committo, adsequor, pervinco
          (I commit, I attain, I prevail)

          Silent" <bulotki@... > wrote:

          > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
          waterlogged
          > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
          >
          > Gwen

        • juliana_of_avon
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
            Hey Ariadne ... (going further off topic hehehe) do you guys (in Caid)
            ever submit IKEqC scores down there? I don't see ya'll much on the
            website?

            YIS,

            Juliana
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
              Like Donwenna said, I think that these types of tournaments usually
              happen at the major wars, because people are coming there from many
              Kingdoms anyway and there's some synergy (ick, I hate marketing words,
              but its appilcable here ;-).

              There haven't that I *know* of been any separate/specifically
              Equestrian Events of that nature, other than maybe the Tournament of
              the Wolf Moon last year? At least that one seemed the best
              publicized/had a lot of interkingdom involvement, & focused on EQ vs.
              other SCA activities.

              Many SCA disciplines (such as the Heralds and Scribes) have Known
              World symposiums handled like conventions - the Heraldic one is in
              southern Califormia next year - but I'm not sure if there has been a
              similar thing done for EQ.
              :-), Marguerite

              On 10/5/06, equigal_99 <equigal_99@...> wrote:
              > Um, 'scuse me for hijacking the thread, but on the subject of IKEqC
              > competition and scoring etc. Does anyone hold any equestrian events
              > billed as "Inter Kingdom Equestrian Competition"? I mean, I know
              > there are out of kingdom visitors at some wars (Pennsic, GWW, GW,
              > Estrella, and a few others) but these are generally tournaments where
              > the scores are submitted to the IKEqC website, right? What I want to
              > know is, has there ever been an SCA "Inter Kingdom" Equestrian
              > tournament specifically designed to foster competitive sportmanship
              > between kingdoms?
              >
              > I'm noodling and was curious...
              >
              > Ariadne (realizing she has only been in the SCA 4 years so far!)
              >
              > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Viscountess Gwendwyn the
              > Silent" <bulotki@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
              > waterlogged
              > > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
              > >
              > > Gwen

              > This is not an official SCA email list.

              > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

              > Shortcut URL to this page:
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Natalie W.
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                Marguerite,
                Thanks for the background. You've confirmed what I thought was the case...that IKEqC tournaments are usually part of something else and aren't really emphasized on their own.

                There may be an opportunity to do an Equestrian-focused IKEqC event in a location that's on the border of West Kingdom/Caid/Atendveldt in September next year. I'll contact you privately about it. It's just an idea, nothing concrete, at this point, but the site available is just fabulous and as you say, several other SCA disciplines hold national symposiums, it might be nice to try something for equestrian. Even if it's just a "Western Region" type tournament along the lines of Wolf Moon? Like I said, I'm just noodling on an idea but there's a sponsoring geopolitcal group interested so I'm doing some 'due diligence' before I commit to anything and I'd like to chat with you when you have a chance.

                Ariadne

                Rachael Keish <rachael.keish@...> wrote:
                Like Donwenna said, I think that these types of tournaments usually
                happen at the major wars, because people are coming there from many
                Kingdoms anyway and there's some synergy (ick, I hate marketing words,
                but its appilcable here ;-).

                There haven't that I *know* of been any separate/specifically
                Equestrian Events of that nature, other than maybe the Tournament of
                the Wolf Moon last year? At least that one seemed the best
                publicized/had a lot of interkingdom involvement, & focused on EQ vs.
                other SCA activities.

                Many SCA disciplines (such as the Heralds and Scribes) have Known
                World symposiums handled like conventions - the Heraldic one is in
                southern Califormia next year - but I'm not sure if there has been a
                similar thing done for EQ.
                :-), Marguerite

                "No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle"
                 ~Sir Winston Churchill
                "Well behaved women rarely make history"
                 ~Laurel Ulrich Thatcher
              • Henrik Olsgaard
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 7, 2006
                  Not out here in the pacific Kingdoms. The rumored equestrian war point that
                  next February's Estrella War is supposed to have may be the first thing that
                  would be close to that. But it would only be for the special quintain joust,
                  unless other games were used for the competition.

                  Henrik

                  (who is about to sign off to go to Hastings for the next several weeks)