Speaking of Caid...

  • tlwhyte17 <tlwhyte@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2003
      At 12th Night I was introduced to Mistress Juliana of Caid, who has
      in the past been active in equestrian activities in Caid. She
      suggested I contact Master Damales, also from Caid, who is a horse
      trainer and dressage person by trade, and who has studied later
      period riding, and trained a stallion to perform a late
      period "ballet". She also suggested we come down to attend a Caidian
      equestrian event sometime.

      I've sent her a follow-up email requesting Master Damales contact
      information. I also wanted to broach the idea of taking a field trip
      down to Caid sometime this year see what the equestrian folks are
      doing in Caid. (Not to say we should copy them slavishly, but I
      always like to see what other folks are doing as a way of learning
      what's possible.)

      I gather that Caid has an active equestrian group. Your Grace Henrik,
      do you know any of these folks?
      Genevieve
    • Henrik Olsgaard
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2003
        Your Excelency,

        Yes, I do know some Caidian Equestrians. I rode one of Baron Sir Robear du
        Bois's horses when I visited him last November . Other people that I know
        include Duke Armand de Sevigny ( with whom I participated in a mock joust at
        TFYC in Texas in 1991), Count Morven of Carrick, Countess Elasaid Nic
        Chlurain ( the sister of Mistress Cliveden de Chieux , who was the lady
        with the long braids that sat next to me at the Equestrian Arts meeting at
        your house), and others also. I think I may have met Master Damales before,
        but many of the more recent Caid equestrians I don't know.

        The Crown Prints ( Caid's newsletter) lists Lady Christiaen de Groote (
        Kristin Sweet ) e-mail: half_pass@...
        as Caid's equestrian contact person. They also have information about Caid's
        Acadamy of Equestrian Arts , at:
        http://www.geocities.com/equestrianarts

        Henrik