Fwd: [SCA Equestrian] SCA IKEQC website up

  • bulotki@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26, 2006
      The West currently has three riders in the Top 5 at Advanced, and one in the Top 5 for Intermediate scores.  Hope to see a bunch more riders post scores next month!

      Good riding,

      Gwen

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
        Why didn't my rings/reeds scores get counted?

        -Hamish

        bulotki@... wrote:
        The West currently has three riders in the Top 5 at Advanced, and one in the Top 5 for Intermediate scores.  Hope to see a bunch more riders post scores next month!

        Good riding,

        Gwen

        I will continue to work on getting the pictures of the equipment up on there in the future.

        Sandor is still in transit , but did manage to fix things for now.

        In joyful service to An Tir,
        THL Donwenna La Mareschale
        www.huntguild. org
        I commit, I attain, I prevail

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2006
          Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were waterlogged
          and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.

          Gwen

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
            We've also been looking ino some database issues, which I think are
            resolved, so I'll double check the scores that have been entered OK
            this weekend after I unpack the paperwork ( I think I know just the
            box its in... :-)

            There were some scores that were being calculated incorrectly for some
            reason, that I asked Siobhan tio re-enter some time ago (I can approve
            scores, but not mess with the raw data).

            :-), Marguerite

            On 10/4/06, Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent <bulotki@...> wrote:
            > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were waterlogged
            > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
            >
            > Gwen
            >
            > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, David Walters <wyllow@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Why didn't my rings/reeds scores get counted?
            > >
            > > -Hamish

            > This is not an official SCA email list.

            > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Dianne L Karp
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
              Which I did do (wince - finally!) awhile ago.

              On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:21:11 -0700 "Rachael Keish"
              <rachaelo@...> writes:
              > We've also been looking ino some database issues, which I think are
              > resolved, so I'll double check the scores that have been entered OK
              > this weekend after I unpack the paperwork ( I think I know just the
              > box its in... :-)
              >
              > There were some scores that were being calculated incorrectly for
              > some
              > reason, that I asked Siobhan tio re-enter some time ago (I can
              > approve
              > scores, but not mess with the raw data).
              >
              > :-), Marguerite
              >
              > On 10/4/06, Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent <bulotki@...>
              > wrote:
              > > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
              > waterlogged
              > > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
              > >
              > > Gwen
              > >
              > > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, David Walters <wyllow@...>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Why didn't my rings/reeds scores get counted?
              > > >
              > > > -Hamish

              > > This is not an official SCA email list.

              > > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
              > which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
              > the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

              > > Shortcut URL to this page:
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > This is not an official SCA email list.
              >

              > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
              > which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
              > the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

              > Shortcut URL to this page:
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • equigal_99
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
                Um, 'scuse me for hijacking the thread, but on the subject of IKEqC
                competition and scoring etc. Does anyone hold any equestrian events
                billed as "Inter Kingdom Equestrian Competition"? I mean, I know
                there are out of kingdom visitors at some wars (Pennsic, GWW, GW,
                Estrella, and a few others) but these are generally tournaments where
                the scores are submitted to the IKEqC website, right? What I want to
                know is, has there ever been an SCA "Inter Kingdom" Equestrian
                tournament specifically designed to foster competitive sportmanship
                between kingdoms?

                I'm noodling and was curious...

                Ariadne (realizing she has only been in the SCA 4 years so far!)

                --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Viscountess Gwendwyn the
                Silent" <bulotki@...> wrote:

                > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
                waterlogged
                > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
                >
                > Gwen
              • Donna DeBonis, DVM
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Yes , that would be the Emprise held every year at Gulf Wars held in Gleann Abhann  see www.gulfwars.org . Typically, there are riders from at least 6 kingdoms and from as far away as An Tir ;'>

                  In joyful service to An Tir,
                  THL Donwenna La Mareschale
                  www.huntguild.org
                  Committo, adsequor, pervinco
                  (I commit, I attain, I prevail)

                  Silent" <bulotki@... > wrote:

                  > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
                  waterlogged
                  > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
                  >
                  > Gwen

                • juliana_of_avon
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 5, 2006
                    Hey Ariadne ... (going further off topic hehehe) do you guys (in Caid)
                    ever submit IKEqC scores down there? I don't see ya'll much on the
                    website?

                    YIS,

                    Juliana
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                      Like Donwenna said, I think that these types of tournaments usually
                      happen at the major wars, because people are coming there from many
                      Kingdoms anyway and there's some synergy (ick, I hate marketing words,
                      but its appilcable here ;-).

                      There haven't that I *know* of been any separate/specifically
                      Equestrian Events of that nature, other than maybe the Tournament of
                      the Wolf Moon last year? At least that one seemed the best
                      publicized/had a lot of interkingdom involvement, & focused on EQ vs.
                      other SCA activities.

                      Many SCA disciplines (such as the Heralds and Scribes) have Known
                      World symposiums handled like conventions - the Heraldic one is in
                      southern Califormia next year - but I'm not sure if there has been a
                      similar thing done for EQ.
                      :-), Marguerite

                      On 10/5/06, equigal_99 <equigal_99@...> wrote:
                      > Um, 'scuse me for hijacking the thread, but on the subject of IKEqC
                      > competition and scoring etc. Does anyone hold any equestrian events
                      > billed as "Inter Kingdom Equestrian Competition"? I mean, I know
                      > there are out of kingdom visitors at some wars (Pennsic, GWW, GW,
                      > Estrella, and a few others) but these are generally tournaments where
                      > the scores are submitted to the IKEqC website, right? What I want to
                      > know is, has there ever been an SCA "Inter Kingdom" Equestrian
                      > tournament specifically designed to foster competitive sportmanship
                      > between kingdoms?
                      >
                      > I'm noodling and was curious...
                      >
                      > Ariadne (realizing she has only been in the SCA 4 years so far!)
                      >
                      > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Viscountess Gwendwyn the
                      > Silent" <bulotki@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Yours might have been on some of the scoresheets that were
                      > waterlogged
                      > > and unreadable when Siobhan sent them in.
                      > >
                      > > Gwen

                      > This is not an official SCA email list.

                      > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

                      > Shortcut URL to this page:
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Natalie W.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Marguerite,
                        Thanks for the background. You've confirmed what I thought was the case...that IKEqC tournaments are usually part of something else and aren't really emphasized on their own.

                        There may be an opportunity to do an Equestrian-focused IKEqC event in a location that's on the border of West Kingdom/Caid/Atendveldt in September next year. I'll contact you privately about it. It's just an idea, nothing concrete, at this point, but the site available is just fabulous and as you say, several other SCA disciplines hold national symposiums, it might be nice to try something for equestrian. Even if it's just a "Western Region" type tournament along the lines of Wolf Moon? Like I said, I'm just noodling on an idea but there's a sponsoring geopolitcal group interested so I'm doing some 'due diligence' before I commit to anything and I'd like to chat with you when you have a chance.

                        Ariadne

                        Rachael Keish <rachael.keish@...> wrote:
                        Like Donwenna said, I think that these types of tournaments usually
                        happen at the major wars, because people are coming there from many
                        Kingdoms anyway and there's some synergy (ick, I hate marketing words,
                        but its appilcable here ;-).

                        There haven't that I *know* of been any separate/specifically
                        Equestrian Events of that nature, other than maybe the Tournament of
                        the Wolf Moon last year? At least that one seemed the best
                        publicized/had a lot of interkingdom involvement, & focused on EQ vs.
                        other SCA activities.

                        Many SCA disciplines (such as the Heralds and Scribes) have Known
                        World symposiums handled like conventions - the Heraldic one is in
                        southern Califormia next year - but I'm not sure if there has been a
                        similar thing done for EQ.
                        :-), Marguerite

                        "No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle"
                         ~Sir Winston Churchill
                        "Well behaved women rarely make history"
                         ~Laurel Ulrich Thatcher
                      • Henrik Olsgaard
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 7, 2006
                          Not out here in the pacific Kingdoms. The rumored equestrian war point that
                          next February's Estrella War is supposed to have may be the first thing that
                          would be close to that. But it would only be for the special quintain joust,
                          unless other games were used for the competition.

                          Henrik

                          (who is about to sign off to go to Hastings for the next several weeks)