Fwd: MARSHALS Interest in eq practicing?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
      This was meant for the list. Please note that you have to "Reply: all" to send posts to the list at large (vs. hitting Reply which only gets the response to the original sender).
      :-), Marguerite

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2006
        Keep in mind that a bunch of friends can do whatever they like at home. Just like with fighting.  I can mess around in my backyard or my arena with my friends  - without a marshal (although I am one!)- the SCA is not involved unless it is offical in some fashion.

        That being said, I highly recommend it being an offical practice ASAP - activating the insurance is a Good Thing for a home owner.

        Who all lives up by you?  Is anyone an Adv rider yet? Eq marshals need to be Adv riders before they start the MiT process.  The MiT process involves doing marshal work at 3 Eq events under 4 different marshals, passing the EQ marshal test, and generally demonstrating that you are a knowledgeable, sensible person.  NOt too hard!

        Can some of the Mists marshals commit to coming?

        Siobhan n S

      • andrea stilwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 8, 2006
          thats what I am trying to do, make them offical, and get marshals here so we can get the advanced riders marshalled. Gwenand Collette are going to talk to me about setting up a schedule for the practices that we can get the marshal's to come to , to get thewhole thing going! at the workshop, we even had a few cynaguan's come, which is a good sign that hopefully more will join us for regular practices.
           The reason for this missive is, I was fishing for marshalls!!  I would like to talkl to any that would be will to come up and help us out to get started, we will put them up and feed them .... any takers???

          yis

          Colleen