West-AnTir War 2006 – Schedule and Announcements

  • juliana_of_avon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12 12:12 PM
      The West-AnTir War 2006 is coming in just 3 weeks! June 30th to July 2

      Their Majesties of the West wish to host a Pas d'Armes in the form of
      the joust au'plaisance. Their Royal Majesties of An Tir, Sven and
      Signy have accepted this invitation and are in the process of
      selecting their 2 Champions. If you are coming to the War and you are
      a most-excellent jouster please contact Master Togrul
      (togrul@...) and let your voice be heard! It is a great honor
      to Champion Their Majesties to victory.

      There will also be opportunity during the Pas d'Armes for West and An
      Tirian Mounted Crest combatants to compete against each other.

      Many thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to the polls!
      Based on the information you gave me I have been able to create a
      loose Equestrian Activities schedule. The weather in California has
      been lovely, yet we will make schedules to avoid the direct overhead
      sun.

      Friday evening we ride local trails (gathering time TBA as people
      arrive)

      Saturday Morning is devoted to skill games

      Saturday Afternoon is going to remain open. We can take this time to
      watch the war, rest, shop, organize some classes or simply gather and
      share information.

      Saturday Evening is the Pas d'Armes.

      Sunday Morning TBA (maybe a Quest?)

      Anyone interested in teaching a class, or helping with the Pas
      d'Armes please contact me directly. We will need ground crew,
      heralds, banner carriers etc etc.

      This event is set in a primitive camping location. There is potable
      water for horses, but not for people (bring your own drinking water).
      You will also need to bring a portable corral, buckets, hoses etc
      etc. Horse trailers will be parked in a concrete lot very near the
      horse area. There is also space for tents just off the parking area.
      There are to be no rentals (sorry!) and no horses on the grass at any
      time. Remember to bring your rider cards as we will not be
      authorizing riders at this event.

      We joyously look ahead to the day when we can again meet up with our
      neighbors in competition and kinship.

      YIS

      Lady Juliana of Avon
      Equestrian Marshall in Charge West-AnTir War
      Site Information:
      http://www.westkingdom.org/calendar/WestAnTirWar2006.php
    • juliana_of_avon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12 12:31 PM
        Correction: If you are an authorized jouster in the West and wish to
        Champion Their Royal Majesties of the West, Radnor and Ysabeau, please
        contact me (la3luna@...).

        AnTir jousters would contact Master Togrul. My announcement was for the
        An Tir board, my mistake.

        YIS,
        Juliana
      • juliana_of_avon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12 6:50 PM
          Do forgive as I did forget to add on my announcement that we are
          offering prizes to the following categories:

          High score games – A handsome sodalite and silver "winged knight"
          pendant suitable for man or woman.

          Winner of Inner-Kingdom Pas d'Armes at the Joust – Victorious Knight
          Plaque w/brass plate commemorating the event.

          Winner of Inner-Kingdom Pas d'Armes at the Mounted Crest Combat –
          Victorious Knight Plaque w/brass plate commemorating the event.

          Best Accoutered Rider – Black and Gold peacock engraved hot/cold
          drinking vessel. Given to the Equestrian whom best captures the aura
          of the peacock for the entire weekend. (To be voted on by the
          Equestrians)

          I'll have pictures for those interested in looking.

          YIS,

          Juliana of Avon