OT: Harvest Feast & Equestrium

  • ellenwwind
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2006
      Since it is never too early to start shilling, (as Francisco would
      say),I wanted to let people know that I have asked for a date of
      November 18th for the Harvest Feast in Tarnmist. The Eagle Castle
      Winery hall is unbooked for that weekend and I had them pencil us in.

      Coco is back to his Normal onery self. No harm done at all. I will
      either have to take him to day only events or start hauling water
      from home for him. Catty and Lady are fine as well. My shoulder
      seems to be healing as expected (injured before the event). It was
      strongly suggested I not ride (WAAHHH). I wish to thank everyone who
      took the time and expense to come to our 'hidden' place down here. I
      hope you had a good experience and a safe trip back.

      There were 12 adult horses (11 on Sunday) and 1 foal on site, 33
      people attended and 19 were riders.
      We had no unauthorised dismounts, no rider injuries, and no suprise
      horse injuries. I don't believe we even had a tack failure!! The
      only small incidents were Coco 'almost' colicing, Red getting a sore
      back (expected, he has done it before), and the racoons trying to
      make off with a camp stove in the night. Even better, we came very
      close to breaking even or maybe even made a small profit (final
      numbers aren't in yet for the dumpster). Special commendations
      should go to Kristin for running such a successful event, Fredrich
      and Veronica for being constables, and Aaron for just starting to
      clean stalls and never stopping again, (without being asked).

      YIS
      Ellen