Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Equestrium

  • Donna DeBonis
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2006
      Greetings and wellmet!
      I look forward to seeing everyone soon.

      I'll also be glad to help as needed although I will be videotaping the class on behalf of Ariadne.
      Ever in Service,
      THL Donwenna la Mareschale
      Barony of Dragon's Laire Equestrian Champion
      http://donwenna.homestead.com/HUNT_GUILD.html
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 21, 2008
        My apologies for not being able to come help at this Equestrium. I'm
        going sailing on the schooner Seaward (a sail-training vessel) for a week
        off the West Coast of Mexico out of Puerto Vallarta. Didn't want anyone
        to think I'd dropped off the planet, since I'd not normally miss such an
        event. Hope you all have a good time!
        - Robert of Dunharrow

        dunharrow@...
      • arianwenferchmorgan
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
          Greetings!

          A quick heads up regarding Equestrium. I have spoken to the manager of the site and he does have day pens available to rent for $20/pen. I do not know if they will fit more than one horse at this time, I am waiting for an answer on that. He has seven near the parking and can possibly come up with more. The overnight fee will be $25/stall. Please contact me and let me know if you need either of these, how many and how many nights you plan on staying. (Friday night, Sat. night or just a day pen for Sat.)

          I am working on a schedule now. My Horse 101 teacher backed out this morning so I am working on finding a new one. If that is something you would be interested in doing please let me know. Thank you for your patience with a new autocrat!

          YIS,

          Arianwen
        • Troy Griffith
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009

            I wish I could be there. I would offer to help, but it is the same weekend as our Coronet and my lady wishes to be princess. ;>

            Best of luck with what sounds like a wonderful event.

            Sir William Brannan (An Tir)

            P.S. Here are a few shots of horse activities from our Crown the last weekend…

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/32345500@N02/sets/72157622189259895/

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 10, 2009
              yes, please sign me up for one day pen for Saturday!

              LvG

              --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "arianwenferchmorgan" <jessimare@...> wrote:

              > Greetings!
              >
              > A quick heads up regarding Equestrium. I have spoken to the manager of the site and he does have day pens available to rent for $20/pen. I do not know if they will fit more than one horse at this time, I am waiting for an answer on that. He has seven near the parking and can possibly come up with more. The overnight fee will be $25/stall. Please contact me and let me know if you need either of these, how many and how many nights you plan on staying. (Friday night, Sat. night or just a day pen for Sat.)
              >
              > I am working on a schedule now. My Horse 101 teacher backed out this morning so I am working on finding a new one. If that is something you would be interested in doing please let me know. Thank you for your patience with a new autocrat!
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Arianwen

            • Tori
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
                Hello all.

                I have more info.

                There will be NO CHARGE for camping, or setting up your own portable corrals, outside of the site fee.  This involves you cleaning up after yourselves and your horses.

                If you want to use the corrals that Simon offers, either for day use or overnight, it is $20, and that has them cleaning up after you.

                I need to know if you are planning on camping, when, and if you need pens.  Pens are on a first come, first serve basis.

                Thank you everyone!

                Arianwen

                Neca Eos Omnes.  Deus Suos Agnoset.

              • Tori
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 20, 2010
                  Greetings unto the list!

                  Thank you all for your patience regarding Equestrium information.  As many of you know, we had a last minute cancellation that caused some scrambling.

                  As of now, we will have three classes in the morning.  Round Penning, An introduction into SCA Horsemanship, and a third class that is yet to be determined.  I believe Siobhan is interested in teaching MC or an Introduction to Jousting, though I think the highest attendance last year was to classes that did not involve using your horse.

                  As such, the main focus of this Equestrium is the Championship.  Lunch will be from 12-1, with the Championship beginning immediately thereafter.

                  Arianwen

                  Neca Eos Omnes.  Deus Suos Agnoset.

                • juliana_of_avon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 20, 2010
                    Re: Equestrium Camping

                    After thinking about our schedule. Kitty and I will probably just drive down to Lodi Saturday morning.

                    There is another non-SCA activity that we have planned to attend on Sunday in the Central Valley and it is just easier for the horses if we drive over after Equestrium activities and stay at a friends ranch.

                    So do forgive ... with the change of plans. Our thought is on being kind to the horses and keeping them happy and hydrated for all the activities of the weekend.

                    See you all down in Lodi.

                    Juliana