Re: [WestKingdomEQ] RE: a call for riders at court

  • Rachael O'Brien
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Kathleen-
      The call went out in the Page a few months back (I'd have to go back
      and check, but I think it was February). It was in the front section
      after the Royalty letters but before the event listings.

      Rosewitha, the West Kingdom Equestrian officer, basically wanted to get
      contact info for all those interested in equestrian arts. She asked for
      experience level, whether you were authorized or not, etc. I replied to
      the notice, (see below) but I have not heard anything back from her.
      Her address is dwaite@..., if you want to send a note
      also (bearing in mind that this email list is not "official" so
      shouldn't be mentioned. The price of avoiding politics!)

      :-), Marguerite

      -----------------------------------

      Subject: Equestrian Arts
      Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:26:31 -0800
      From: Rachael O'Brien <rachaelo@...>
      To: dwaite@...

      Greetings Rosewitha,
      I am writing to let you know there are indeed equestrians in this
      Kingdom, and to get on your mailing list! My names are Marguerite du
      Royon (SCA) and Rachael O'Brien (mundane). We met briefly at Coronet
      last year, I believe.

      I am not equestrian authorized in the SCA, as I have only been active
      for about a year and a half. I do not own a horse due to financial
      concerns, but I have taken 5 years of English riding lessons in
      dressage, hunter/jumper, cross country, and drill riding. I am
      interested in the whole gamut of equestrian activities, as you can
      probably tell from the above list!

      I would say I'm a novice-intermediate rider, but am rusty right now
      since I'm paying off my credit cards instead of taking lessons. ;-) I
      intend to remedy that within the year! Until then, I am very interested

      in helping with the equestrian arts in any way I can. My snail mail
      address is included below. Please add me to any lists you have, and let

      me know if I can help you in getting things started!

      Sincerely,
      Marguerite du Royon

      Address:
      2855 Agua Vista Drive