Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Non-horse owner Equestrian Practices

  • Rachael O'Brien
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
      Hello all! I am finally back from the honeymoon, but unfortunately I will
      be a bridesmaid in Louisiana the weekend of the 20th, so I can't help with
      the practice.

      However, I would like to poll NON-horse owners about having equestrian
      practices:

      If there is interest (4-6 committed individuals), I plan to call local
      Western barns to see if I can set up an Equestrian practice on lesson horses
      at a local (probably South Bay) location. These would hopefully NOT be
      rental/trail horses, they would be horses used regularly for riding lessons
      and most likely be more responsive as a result.

      I think the best way to structure the practices is to have basic equitation
      class (at the beginner/intermediate level) first, for ~30 minutes, followed
      by ~30 minutes of practice in the equestrian games courses/patterns.

      To set up this type of practice (hopefully monthly), I would have to have
      COMMITMENTS that people would be there regularly, and the cost would
      probably run at least $30-$35 per lesson (just like normal riding lessons).

      Is there interest in something like this?

      In service,
      Marguerite du Royon
      Mists Equestrian Officer

    • tlwhyte17
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
        May I make a suggestion? We are now starting to head into The
        Holidays (TM), making solid time commitments probamatical for many of
        us. How would you and everyone else feel about putting this off until
        the first of the year?

        Just a thought,
        Genevieve