Re: Mists Coronet -- Jousting on the Lists Field, and other Eq activities/info

  • Bjorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      Just wanted to recap on the event. Wow it was great. The site ( for
      some of us coming in at 3am :(.. was foggy, but I am sure for those
      of you who got in at 9pm it was equally as foggy.. But in the
      morning we awoke to a wonderful view of the mountains and a short
      ride put us above the Russian river which I doubt Phooka had ever
      seen the like of, because he was very interested in what the heck
      was that

      We set up late-ish for the Jousting demo, which was run with much
      applause and interest. The boffer combat was equally interesting
      with Margarite actually winning the round for Colletteļ!( sorry for
      the name misspell). Phooka and JackJack did great on the eric and
      were non pulsed by the clapping, people or flags. Also a note on
      the water, there was only a tub of water (110 gallons) at the site.
      I am sure if we wanted to drive over to the RV area we could have
      filled up our portable tank. We should try to clarify water = water
      supply(ie faucet).

      We rode out early Sunday morning and did the games ( rings and
      reeds). I must mention that Jon was a great help, as always. I
      think Mack came out winner that day as Phooka and I were struggling
      against the darn wind.. yeah that¡¦s it, the wind caused us to miss
      that last reed!.. The site also proved helpful to work with Phooka
      on going down hills as he has a tendency to speed up as he goes
      down. There was also some very lush grazing which helped everyone¡¦s
      spirits.

      We did get to do some trail riding as the site was large and
      spacious. This a major plus in future horse attached events. I
      also had entered the silver spoon contest in which I was trumped by
      a actual salad, but I plan to attempt another sortie into the fray
      at the next event. We also had misshaps on the minature horse side
      and the large horse side with lead rope tangling. Next event
      (without paddocks) Oogie and JackJack will get the electric
      paddocks. ¡V Live and Learn

      I also figured out why one never mounts, in a dress... (lucky for
      me, no one was looking)...

      Bjorn of Novgorod.

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Autumn Cardone
      <autumn_cardone@m...> wrote:
      > I just found out that there will be water for the horses on site.
      This
      > will not be water that people would want to drink, but should be
      safe
      > enough for horses.
      >
      > Don't forget to bring water to drink for yourself!
      >
      > -- Collette
      >

      > Autumn Cardone wrote:
      >
      > > I finally have email again. (I have been off-line for a month
      with my
      > > computer down.) I am frantically trying to catch up on email.
      > >
      > > If you sent any email directly to me in the last month, it is
      probably
      > > gone, as I downloaded it onto my computer just before my
      computer ate
      > > its hard disk. :-(
      > >

      > > So, Mists Coronet:
      > >
      > > Their Highnesses have asked us to hold a Jousting demonstration
      on
      > > their Lists Field, Saturday morning, before the fighting begins.
      (This
      > > will be much the same setup as we had for Crown.) These
      invitations
      > > are great opportunities for the Equestrian College to show our
      stuff
      > > and share the pageantry of having horses at events with the rest
      of
      > > the SCA.
      > >
      > > If you will be able to participate at Mists Coronet, either with
      the
      > > Jousting Demo (mounted or ground crewing) or with the games
      later in
      > > the day, please respond to the pole:
      > >
      > > Mists Coronet Poll for WestKingdomEQ
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WestKingdomEQ/surveys?id=1904569>
      > >
      > > If you are bringing horses to Mists Coronet, let me know what
      types of
      > > activities you would like to have set up: IKEqC, jousting,
      boffer
      > > crest combat. Just email the list, or me.
      > >

      > > Things you will need to know for bringing horses to Mists
      Coronet:

      > > Last I checked, there was no water on site. Horses are said to
      drink
      > > about 12 gallons of water a day. (I haven't found mine to drink
      this
      > > much, but I have finicky Arabs who won't drink funny tasting
      water --
      > > and I haven't been able to replicate the taste of built up
      algae,
      > > apparently.) I will double check the water availability, in case
      the
      > > situation has changed and send an update as soon as I find out.
      > >
      > > You will need to bring your own corral/stabling setup.
      > >
      > > Other than that, the normal stuff about camping with
      horses/bringing
      > > horses to events stays the same.
      > >
      > > If you have any questions, feel free to email me, or call.
      > >
      > > In Service,
      > >
      > > -- Collette
      > > home: 408-241-2273
      > > cell: 408-655-0571

      > > This is not an official SCA email list.

      > > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button
      which
      > > replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and
      the

      > > Shortcut URL to this page:

      subject=Unsubscribe>