Fwd: OT - Hurricane Katrina: Equestrian assistance sought

  • Natalie W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      The United States Equestrian Federation has started an equine relief effort for horseowners in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

      ~ariadne

      You can donate to the effort by contacting the USEF,

      4047 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511-8483

      Tel: (859) 258-2472 Fax: (859) 231-6662

      email: kcadams@...

      More at the USEF website:  http://www.usef.org

      The USEF news release reads:

      Shelter and Veterinary Services Needed for Hurricane Katrina’s Equine Refugees
      (Lexington, KY - August 31st, 2005) – As Americans view the newscasts of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina it is clear that both humans and animals require immediate emergency relief from not only official agencies but from the generosity of individuals.

      If you have a facility or pasture which you can offer to house refugee horses and ponies, victims of Hurricane Katrina, please email your name, address, phone number and email address to kcadams@... , or at 859-225-6993, (please email if at all possible as we expect a heavy load of calls.)

      If you can volunteer veterinary services please submit your contact information. The USEF is posting a listing by state of these facilities for horses and ponies on our website. The list will be accessed by going to www.usef.org, on the right side of the homepage click on Hurricane Katrina Equine Relief. It is expected to be operational by tonight, August 31st and will serve as a master list to help horse owners in Katrina's path find help. Other equine organizations wishing to assist the effort and link to the list should also email kcadams@....

      We urge the participation of anyone who has the space, licensed veterinary expertise and tenderness of heart to help these equine refugees. -30-

      "No hour is lost that is spent in the saddle"
       ~Sir Winston Churchill
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"
       ~Laurel Ulrich Thatcher