Attachments to the EQ Handbook

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Below are the attachments I am proposing be posted with West EQ Handbook.

      1- Any comments? Too short? Too long? just right?

      2- Siobhan, Collette, Richard, and Genevieve, do I have you permission
      to use the articles you wrote, listed below? I asume that the authors
      of the other articles will be okay with this reprinting of their
      pieces from the 1st Edition SCA Manual.

      Attachments

      Disclaimer: While the West Kingdom Equestrian Handbook delineates the
      equestrian rules and regulations in the West Kingdom, the following
      Attachments DO NOT. The Attachments are articles intended to be of an
      informative and educational nature for those who wish to participate
      in the equestrian activities of the SCA, but are to be regarded as the
      opinions of the authors and not SCA policy. The Attachments are on a
      variety of topics that you may find helpful, and many of these were
      taken from the Appendices to the First edition SCA EQ Manual. All
      copyrights remain with the authors.

      SCA Equestrian Events
      · West Kingdom College of Equestrian Arts Frequently Asked Questions Flyer
      · Description of the Mounted Tournament Games (frequently used at SCA
      equestrian tournaments) by Mistress Isabeau Pferdebandiger, OL
      · West Kingdom Equestrian Autocrat vs. Marshal-in-Charge Event
      Responsibilities by Mistress Marguerite du Royon, OP- MKA Rachael
      Keish
      · The Equestrian Autocrat's Handbook by Countess Iseult nicElam, OP
      (MKA: Teri Pope)
      · Horse Owners and Horse Riders: Rights and Responsibilities in the
      West Kingdom by Viscount Sir Richard de Camville – MKA Michael
      Canfield
      · Basic Arena Etiquette for the SCA by Viscountess Genevieve de
      Vendome, OL – MKA Toni Whyte
      · Topics to Cover in Basic Horse Safety Classes and Listen-Up Meetings
      by Lady Collette de Rayncheval – MKA Autumn Cardone
      · Equestrian Event Etiquette for Non-Equestrians Compiled by: Mistress
      Isabeau Pferdebandiger, OL
      · Horse Transport (or: Don't forget the kitchen sink!) by Rowena the Tall
      · A Laurel's View – How the Equestrian Arts and Sciences Fit In by
      Master Beawulf
      Gordan, OL
      · Electronic Resources for SCA Equestrians

      Equestrian Equipment
      · How to Make PVC Equestrian Games Equipment (from a combination of
      sources, compiled and edited by Mistress Marguerite du Royon, OP (MKA
      Rachael Keish). Note that IKEqC may have DIFFERENT equipment
      standards from these articles– ALWAYS double check the IKEqC website
      at www.scaikeqc.org prior to making your equipment if you intend to
      use your equipment for competition!
      · How to make an SCA-Legal Jousting Lance (from readily available
      materials) by Mistress Marguerite du Royon, OP (MKA Rachael Keish)
      · Weaponry and Equipment for Equestrian Tournament Games (in Our
      Current Middle Ages) by Mistress Isabeau Pferdebandiger, OL (Note that
      IKEqC may have DIFFERENT equipment standards from these articles–
      ALWAYS double check the IKEqC website at www.scaikeqc.org prior to
      making your equipment if you intend to use your equipment for
      competition!)
      · How to Make Period (Horse Hair Stuffed)Helm Padding by Mistress
      Marguerite du Royon, OP (MKA Rachael Keish)

      Garb for Horse and Rider
      · A Cross Cultural Survey of Equine Costume in the Middle Ages by
      Viscountess Kassandra Tenebrosa, OL
      · A Pattern for a Full Fabric Horse Caparison (Approximately 13th
      through 16th centuries) by Mistress Isabeau Pferdebandiger, OL
      · Costuming for the ASTM Rider Safety Helmet by Mistress Isabeau
      Pferdebandiger, OL

      Historical Research Articles
      · A Refutation of the Myth of the Giant Medieval Warhorse by Siobhan
      ni Seaghdha, OP
      · The History and Development of Medieval Horse Breeds and Their
      Modern Counterparts by Lady Roxane Manathrudr Tyggvasdottr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
        >>How long are some of these articles? Are they available on a
        website? If they are long or available on a website, it might be
        better to post them to our WK yahoogroups and just annotate them with
        the web addy(s) on a single sheet.<<

        Some of them are longer than others, most are one to a few pages.
        I'll have them all pdf'd separately from the rules at work tomorrow,
        and give out the "rules only" version free, and request $5 copy cost
        donation for the "whole shebang."

        Speaking of the rules.....I'll be posting the new handbook in mere minutes!!!!!
        (am I the only one excited about this? :-)

        :-), Marguerite