Re: Send 'em if ya got 'em

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2005
      My apologies for the late report - I have been very busy drafting the
      new EQ manual & preparing for the meeting we had on Sunday 3/13.
      Attached and pasted below is the 1Q 2005 Kingdom Equestrian Officer
      Report.

      In service,
      Marguerite du Royon
      West KEO
      __________________________________________________-
      West Kingdom Equestrian Officer
      1st Quarter 2005 Report

      Event Summary:
      There were no events with equestrians held during the first quarter up
      to the date of this report (March 15, 2005). The first event with
      horses this year will be March Crown, the 25-27th.

      Marguerite and Genevieve held a games day at their barn to inspire
      interest among horse owners in participating and potentially joining
      the SCA. Hopefully demos like this can be held more frequently as we
      grow the guild.

      Other Activities:
      · Guild meetings: Meetings and workshops are held quarterly,
      alternating between the Mists and Cynagua. Agendas and minutes are
      posted on the WestEQ Yahoo group files section. The last meeting was a
      workshop held Sunday, March 13th in the Cynagua (the workshop
      following was on making caparisons/barding). The 2Q 2005 meeting and
      workshop will be held in the Mists, followed by an equipment making
      workshop.
      · Riding Lessons: There are regular riding lessons held monthly in the
      Mists, with English lessons at Garrod Farms in Saratoga. The Western
      lessons were halted since we need to find a new (more reliable)
      stable. I have thus far been unsuccessful at finding a barn for these
      lessons, and have stopped looking until further interest is expressed
      by the populace. The Spring Kingdom Equestrian Event is set for April
      23rd, 2005, in Cynagua. We are working to include more pageantry, an
      EQ Arts display, and competitions (with prizes) to help make the event
      interesting even for those who do not ride.
      · Experimental/New Activities: There is some interest in pursuing the
      Styrofoam jousting, an experimental activity, and in developing
      mounted archery/games in the West. The main impediment seems to be
      amassing the required equipment, since many riders do not fight in the
      SCA and need to get their armor together. There were no additional
      authorizations for experimental jousting this quarter. Expanding the
      authorized riders to all who are interested will be two areas of focus
      in the next year. I will try to familiarize myself with SCA archery
      criteria so that I can help those who are interested get this started,
      but will wait to see real commitment from people before investing in
      equipment.

      Marshallate Matters:
      · Equestrian in the Far West: I received an EQ resume from Regan, the
      proposed EQ Marshal fir he Far West, and spoke to the Baron Sir Guy at
      12th Night. I will try to get footage of her riding and her Marshal
      test to appoint her EQ Marshal ASAP.
      · EQ Marshallate/Authorization Database: Gwendwyn the Silent has
      coordinated with Mari Alexander, Deputy Earl Marshal and fighter
      database deputy, to take on the EQ Authorizations data base and a
      draft was available for review at 12th Night (1/8/05). I will bring
      the data base to events all this year in an attempt to get it updated,
      then mail out permanent rider cards to replace the Temporary cards
      currently being issued. After the data base is fully up to date, it
      will be available for review in the West EQ Yahoo Group files section.
      · Deputies for EQ Offices: I have begun seeking a deputy, as my
      warrant expires at 12th Night 2006. The Mists EQ Office was
      successfully transferred to Collette de Rayncheval at Fall Coronet
      2004, and that warrant will expire in Fall 2006. The Cynaguan EQ
      office was slated to transfer in January 2005, but the two candidates
      proffered for the office are no longer able to step up, so we will
      continue to foster the Cynaguan Marshallate until someone volunteers
      to replace Siobhan

      West Kingdom EQ Handbook:
      A draft handbook was posted to the Yahoo group and the West Kingdom
      Website on 3/2/05. After substantial comments from the 3/13/05
      meeting, a revised draft will be posted by 3/18/05. I plan to accept
      all written comments until late April 15, 2005, and have the final
      West EQ Handbook take effect 5/1/05, concurrent with the new IKEqC
      Year.

      Submitted this 15th day of March, 2005 (A.S. XXXIX) by Mistress
      Marguerite du Royon, West Kingdom Equestrian Officer.