Re: [WestKingdomEQ] General Site Requirements for EQ - Seneschal

  • dkarp@juno.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
      True - but I do not think 'sheep pen' when I say 'stall' <g>

      Am I the Siobhan you are looking for>
    • sgqh
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2005

        While we’re asking for things and negotiating,

        Watering the arena – if the site has sprinklers set up for the arena, include their use in the contract (or wow!  even a water truck).  (and this is big – if we’re blowing dust everywhere we will be turning spectators off from watching (not to mention the health issues for the horses…)

        Stalls – You mention that there are clean on our arrival,  an assumption I make as a horse person is that the stalls will be clean when I get there, and that I’ll be cleaning mine when I leave.  We might want to include the part of us cleaning up afterwards for the non-horse person autocrat, so that the needed bins to clean up after ourselves are located in the stall area.  And if the stalls have electricity – could we have that on.  (There’s nothing like trying to convince your horse to walk into a completely strange, completely dark stall in the middle of the night after a long haul (bringing back memories of trying to get Sipper into the stalls at Kennewick at 2am)  Also, the electricity is good in case someone gets a cut – there’s power to run clippers to clean it up.

        I don’t know if you have this in the stuff for setting up stalls (for non-stall sites), but it would be nice if we could setup portable pens even on sites with stalls.  I like to “run a corral” off the stall whenever I can.

        If I think of any other wishes, I’ll let you know.

         - Rhodry