Re: [sca-west] Re: snow!!!! the saga continues

  • Dianne L Karp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      So, I check my horses at 6 - the colt is fine - thinks snow is cool now that his blanket is on and he is dry.  His mom is fine in her blanket.

      The arab - he is shaking with cold despite his blanket.  The yearling filly is not happy either (neither has a waterproof blanket like the other 2).

      My neighbor comes down in her quad and we pony the 2 cold ones a 1/2 mile up to her barn.  The arab just trudges along like a good boy - the filly is not happy walking with a ice sodden tail and keeps sliding on the ice when she kicks at her tail.

      It is still snowing like mad and a waterproof blanket from EBay is on it's way for the arab. (still looking for one for the filly but she does not succumb to cold like the arab does)  Oh yeah - we now have over 2 feet - and it is _still_ snowing!!

      grumble.

      Siobhan n S

      On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:50:24 -0000 "wodeford" <wodeford@...> writes:

      --- In sca-west@yahoogroups.com, Dianne L Karp <dkarp@j...> wrote:
      > Feeding and watering horses and goats 2 to 3 times a day in the
      snow is
      > NOT fun.  While the water tanks have heaters, the outside faucet
      has
      > frozen (again) so shoveling snow into the tanks or hauling 30 or
      more
      > buckets of water is less than amusing, sigh.

      I SO don't miss snow. I SO don't miss having to water 40 horses in
      sub freezing weather....

      Don't miss driving in it. Don't miss avoiding other drivers who have
      lost all motor coordination (pun intended) because it's the first
      snowfall of the year.

      Don't miss shoveling it. Especially don't miss shoveling my car out
      only to have a neighbor shovel his car out by dumping his shovelings
      in front of my car again.

      What lovely rain we're having here. Stay warm, Siobhan!

      Jehanne