RE: [WestKingdomEQ] New poll for WestKingdomEQ

  • Michael Canfield
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 12, 2004

      Hi All...

      We'll be on site and should be able to help.
      We will have our 91 year old grandmother with us so we'll have to be a float/filler body once the schedule is set.
      Cheers!

      RdC/EdC

      Sent: 11/12/2004 1:21:45 PM
      Subject: [WestKingdomEQ] New poll for WestKingdomEQ

      Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the
      WestKingdomEQ group:

      At 12th Night, if we do an EQ Guild
      table what shift(s) could you be
      present to answer questions/discuss EQ
      withi interested people?

        o 11Am-Noon
        o Noon-1PM
        o 1PM-2PM
        o 2PM-3PM
        o 3PM-4PM
        o 4PM-5PM
        o 5PM-6PM
        o 6PM-7PM
        o 7PM-8PM

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!

    • Michael Canfield
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 7, 2005
        Greetings All...

        The use of the POLLS is a good idea!
        However, due to the fact that Elisabeth and I recently got new jobs...and that we are keping both our comic shop and inspection company alive our attendance at SCA events this year is going to be sketchy.
        We'll let folks know as soon as we know which we will be at.

        Cheers!

        RdC/EdC
      • Kellyn Firesinger
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 19, 2005
          >...A new poll has been created for the WestKingdomEQ
          group:
          Are you attending/planning on bringing horses/planning
          to teach EQ classes at Kingdom A&S, July 23rd & 24th,
          at Coyote Lake Park (Bay Area, San Jose)?...

          Wasn't Coyote Lake Park deemed unsafe for horses?
          (It's got so many gopher holes that it's unsafe for
          *people*!)

          Kellyn Firesinger, who somehow thought A&S would be at
          Fort Ord

          http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
        • John Rossignol
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 19, 2005
            Kellyn Firesinger wrote:

            > Kellyn Firesinger, who somehow thought A&S would be at
            > Fort Ord

            The Travel Camp, and a great deal of the rest of Fort Ord, is currently
            off-limits while a report is being investigated that it is being used as
            habitat by the endangered Tiger Salamander. The following is an excerpt
            from a post to sca-west on 3/14/05, in which Christophe shared the
            information he got from our contacts at Fort Ord:

            > Hmmm... You might want to see if you can find a backup site. I just got a
            > > reply back from Ft. Ord quoted here:
            > > "Currently U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is conducting a survey of
            > > the Tiger Salamander in the surrounding area of the travel camp and over
            > > half of Ft. Ord lands. We are awaiting a Biological Opinion Report
            > to find
            > > out what the Army requirements will be before we can allow use of the
            > > property again. I will put your group on the calendar for those
            > dates for
            > > now, but you should contact me by June if you do not hear from me by
            > then."
            > >
            > > Apparently this is an endangered species that some ecology group is
            > > claiming is living in that portion of Ft. Ord. This might (might!)
            > prevent
            > > all use, including the planned cleanup and future handing off to local
            > > county and cities, of a goodly portion of Ord. Including, of course, the
            > > Travel Camp. I'll contact sometime in April (so you can get into the
            > June
            > > Page) to see what's going on at that point. But, as she said, we *are*
            > > pencilled in for A&S at this time, assuming Fish and Game allow any use
            > > out there at all.
            > >
            > > Much fun, eh?
            > > Christophe

            I haven't heard any update on this, so I assume the survey is still
            under way. In any event, we have to book sites well in advance.

            John
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 20, 2005
              > Wasn't Coyote Lake Park deemed unsafe for horses?
              > (It's got so many gopher holes that it's unsafe for
              > *people*!)

              No worse than many of the other parks we use - frankly, I have yet to
              find a park site without gopher/ground squirrel holes! Not that I
              personally would run games at speed at this site- but there are MANY
              other things we could do besides run Advanced IKEqC. If people want
              and volunteer, we could...

              - have jousting authorizations/tourneys at the trot
              - a quest, as was done at Fort Ord a few years ago
              - have classes that involve horses
              - have trail rides as we did last year
              - do games at the trot
              - and of course, show off our A&S competition entries - BARDING!! -
              actually on a horse's body instead of in a heap on a table

              ... and those are just for starters.

              But I know the access for trailers is not so good, and we only had
              three owners show up with horses at this site for Mists Coronet last
              year. We *don't* and should not try to have horses at every event
              just for the sake of it! We can and should concentrate on those
              events where we will get the biggest turnout and be able to establish
              a real EQ presence - and we have to know WAY in adavance for the
              insurance and Page copy, so that's why I asked.

              That's also why we do an event review at each quarterly EQ meeting, so
              that we can discuss what sites/events *can* have horses, then we can
              all decide which ones *should.*

              :-), Marguerite
            • LisaG
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 2, 2005
                Two quick things:

                1. Saturday July 30th is Esfenn First Sword, and we have crash space available for out-of-towners who want to go to that before the practice on the 31st (if that's when it ends up to be). Well, at least for the people. :->

                2. Can we invite non-SCA folk? I've got friends who board at IHR who would probably be interested...

                alys (can I help it if they made me seneschal, and we only have one event a year? *g*)

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 3, 2005
                  PLEASE invite non-SCA folk - the BEST way to grow our EQ group is to
                  attract interested horse owners (just like the heavy fighting -
                  newcomers start coming to see the cool activity, and stay for the
                  sheer joy of it all!)
                  :-), Marguerite

                  On 6/2/05, LisaG <lmg1138@...> wrote:
                  > Two quick things:
                  >
                  > 1. Saturday July 30th is Esfenn First Sword, and we have crash space available for out-of-towners who want to go to that before the practice on the 31st (if that's when it ends up to be). Well, at least for the people. :->
                  >
                  > 2. Can we invite non-SCA folk? I've got friends who board at IHR who would probably be interested...
                  >
                  > alys (can I help it if they made me seneschal, and we only have one event a year? *g*)

                • Anton Polander
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
                    Ok what is it with everything being on Sunday's all the time?

                    Anton

                    <tt>
                    <BR>
                    Enter your vote today!� A new poll has been created for the <BR>
                    WestKingdomEQ group:<BR>
                    <BR>
                    When could you attend a 2nd quarter Kingdom EQ meeting? The <BR>
                    meeting will be held from about 1-3 with the workshop to <BR>
                    follow, in Sacramento at Gwen's house. (Email Marguerite with <BR>
                    what you'd like to make in the workshop!) <BR>
                    <BR>
                    � o Sunday, August 7th <BR>
                    � o Sunday, August 14th <BR>
                    � o Neither date works for me <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    To vote, please visit the following web page:<BR>
                    <BR>
                    Note: Please do not reply to this message. Poll votes are <BR>
                    not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo! Groups <BR>
                    web site listed above.<BR>
                    <BR>
                    Thanks!<BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    </tt>

                    <tt>
                    -------------------------------------------------<BR>
                    This is not an official SCA email list.<BR>
                    <BR>
                    -----------------------------------------<BR>
                    This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.<BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    Shortcut URL to this page:<BR>

                    <?---- LSpots keywords ?>
                    <?---- HM ADS ?>

                    <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

                    <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
                    <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
                    <ul>
                    </ul>
                    <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

                    <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 3, 2005
                      >>> Ok what is it with everything being on Sunday's all the time?<<

                      Because trying to find a "free" Saturday on my schedule is next to
                      impossible, and I dom't want to step on any events (which are pretty
                      much *every* Saturday)...
                      :-), Marguerite
                    • dkarp@juno.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 27, 2006

                        AS usual, sigh (grin), my response is not there.

                        Connor and I planned to come and might still come - that is spring break week in my District.

                          However, my mother is house sitting in Az for my sister and B in L (he has terminal throat cancer, newly diagnosed).

                        The women is competant but 80 years old.  Easter is my turn to go visit with her (we are attempting to make sure she is never alone on the 5 acres for more than a couple of days).

                        On Thursday before the event, I have my written comp questions (all day writing!) for my Doctoral program.

                        Sooo - now that I have shared way more than you wanted to know, IF I am not exhausted on Thurday afternoon, we will come, bringing 3 horses.  Not sure about camping but I expect that we will.

                        Siobhan

                        Am I the Siobhan you are looking for>

                      • dkarp@juno.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 21, 2007

                          All week, I have been unable to access the yahoogroups page from work.  Is it our firewall or are others experiencing this too?  For example, I can not access the poll.

                          Have not tried from home yet.

                          SnS

                          Am I the Siobhan you are looking for>

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 29, 2007
                              Please keep in mind that vaulting is currently not a permitted activity
                              in SCA EQ

                              Siobhan n S