A&S

  • Autumn Cardone
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
      Is anyone else planning to bring horses to A&S? When I looked at the poll, it
      looked like my two girls were the only one's coming.

      There were also very few people who answered the poll. Who's coming?

      What do you think about the classes? Are you interested in them? There are
      currently three classes (that I know about):

      Grooming & Tacking up:
      how to groom your horse, put on its saddle & bridle,
      and some common mistakes to look for when tack has
      not been put on right.

      What's in a Name (equestrian vocabulary):
      including information on types of horses (hunter, sport, draft,
      hot blooded, etc.), colors, and many other interesting tidbits
      (I believe Tobi is teaching this, so she may be better able to
      fill us in on the details.)

      Psychology & Safety with Horses:
      Learn to read a horses moods/opionions,
      how horses think, what their responses will be to
      common situations, and how this can affect your safety
      and that of the horses and people around you.

      -- Collett
      worried that I am going to be lonely at A&S
    • Autumn Cardone
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2003
        Who is bringing horses to A&S? Is anyone staying overnight with horses?

        Will there be any activities for horses, other than the classes?

        Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

        By the way, for the most current info on A&S, here is their web page. It
        includes directions, and of course, the list/schedule of classes and
        their descriptions.

        http://arts-sciences.westkingdom.org/a_s_tourney.html

        -- Collett
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2003
          You've probably already heard, but owing to the huge brush fire still not
          contained and smoke issues from it, no one is allowed on the Fort Ord site
          all weekend (the MdR Clan War tomorrow has been canceled).

          It's possible that A&S may be affected as well - won't know for days though.
          -Marguerite
          (keeping her fingers crossed that the fire gets ut out soon!)

          >From: Autumn Cardone <autumn_cardone@...>
          >To: WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [WestKingdomEQ] A&S
          >Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:18:19 -0700
          >
          >Who is bringing horses to A&S? Is anyone staying overnight with horses?
          >
          >Will there be any activities for horses, other than the classes?
          >
          >Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
          >

          >By the way, for the most current info on A&S, here is their web page. It
          >includes directions, and of course, the list/schedule of classes and
          >their descriptions.
          >
          > http://arts-sciences.westkingdom.org/a_s_tourney.html
          >
          >-- Collett

          >Shortcut URL to this page:

        • dcamville
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
            Greetings!

            Since the "Saturday" Equestrian class are being taught by Elisabeth
            and Marguerite (although Bethia is teaching something for the Page
            School track I believe)...Chateau de Camville will bring one (1)
            horse with us for the day. Phoenix will be used as a modle to give
            folks some hands on experience with a horse. Don't think this will
            included any saddle time however. As noted we'll be day tripping the
            event. To my (limited) knowledge the classes are the only planned
            activity.

            Cheers!

            RdC

            --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Autumn Cardone