Re: Vaccination Requirements (was Oct Event Award Scrolls & things to bring)

  • Else Hunrvogt
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2004
      OK, as I read the SCA EQ Handbook, the only requirement is that we
      comply with mundane law. Mundane Law for the State of California
      (read CDFA and the State Vet's Office) requires a Negative Coggins
      Test within the last six months as well as a health certificate (with
      appripriate wording for horses originating from States involved in
      the 2004 VS outbreak) for horses entering the state of California.
      There are no testing or vaccination requirements for horses
      originating with in the State.

      Marguerite - Did you mean that you would be checking Coggins and
      Vaccination paperwork for horses that originated outside the State of
      California? In which case I am still curious about what vaccines and
      what timing of administration is required. Or is this a West Kingdom
      requirement that surpasses SCA and Mundane requirements?

      Thanks,

      Else

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Autumn Cardone

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2004
        Hi All-
        >Marguerite - Did you mean that you would be checking Coggins and
        >Vaccination paperwork for horses that originated outside the State of
        >California? In which case I am still curious about what vaccines and
        >what timing of administration is required. Or is this a West Kingdom
        >requirement that surpasses SCA and Mundane requirements?

        Sorry about the confusion, I meant health certficate (and said
        vaccinations)- but as you say Else it looks like the health certificate is
        only if there are horses coming from outside the state. (Don't think anyone
        is trailering in from NV, are they?).

        So just bring your Coggins and we should be set.
        :-), Marguerite

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2004
          Nope, I'm definiely not trying to re-write the rules, I just don't have this
          section (or any) memorized, and it wasn't clear to me that the clause 'for
          horses coming from out of state' appled to BOTH the negative Coggins and to
          the health cert - I was thinking that the health cert = vaccinations, and
          that the Coggins was whether horses were from in OR out of state, and that
          all horse shows required it as a general rule. But apparently that's not
          the case. Great - even simpler.

          So, GO CHECK the handbook everyone - we all need to re-read and be familiar
          with the handbook because everyone makes mistakes!!

          Just bring your horses, no papers required from within CA. Did I read it
          right (I'm at work and don't even have it here with me...)
          ;-), Marguerite