Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Purgatorio

  • Dianne L Karp
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
      Anyone out there know anything about WW brand horse trailers?  I have a line on an 1985 2 horse with tack room.  Elec brakes on all 4 wheels.

      Any idea what it might be worth?

      SnS

    • ellenwwind
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 25, 2004
        Hi Guys, I was hoping to have a count of the people who are
        interested in camping with the horse group, (even if you are not
        bringing your own horse you would be welcome). I need to let the
        event autocrat know how much room we will need. So far I have only
        two tent spaces reserved. It will be away from the noisy end of camp,
        the horses need their sleep you know :). The area is nearest to the
        flush privys (10 stalls on the female side). It will also be near
        merchants row. We are not allowed to camp on the green grassy area
        next door. It is still fairly new sod and needs to establish better.

        Also remember that the Elks will be having BBQ's on Friday and
        Saturday night, breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning, and hambugers
        throughtout the day on Saturday. Usual cost is $5-$9/meal. They
        will also have a beer and wine booth. Site is descreetly wet. Temp
        is forecast to be in the low 80's during the day and mid to upper
        50's at night with possible fog.

        Hope to see you there,

        Ellen
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
          Thank you to everyone who came out a made Purgatoio a success!! Special
          thanks to Kristen and Ellen, who made multiple trips to trailer horses so
          that we would have loaner mounts, Collett and Anne who marshalled tirelessly
          all day, and all of the groundcrew who also stayed out inb the hot sun to
          help!

          For once, we had more groundcrew than riders - it was great! Also, there
          were more new authorization rides and ground crew authorizations than
          anything else, which will definitely help future events run smoother- the
          more groundcrew the better.

          Riders chose to do authorizations, then get off (with running the full
          games) so that everyone would have a chance to ride - and everyone is to be
          commended for that courtesy! As a result, we will not be sending any IKEqC
          scores in for the event, but I think that all the 'infrastructure bulding'
          we did is a great thing, and thank everyone again who came out and made it
          possible!

        • Bob Orser
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006

            Barring unforeseen calamities, it is my intention to be at Purgatorio to assist in whatever EQ marshaling duties are needed.  Presumably  a number of horse-savvy foot attendants will be required for safety reasons with the mounted procession (and also to lead the mounts back to stable after the riders dismount at court, I'd guess.)    I've been pleased to see friends I've known for many years like Radnor & Rolf  on the Throne again.  I haven't gotten to know some of the newer fighters yet who just joined in the last decade or so.
                  - Robert of Dunharrow

            Bob Orser
            EarthLink Revolves Around You.

          • Alice
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006

              Thank you for your offer of help, Robert.  Many hands will be needed before and after Coronation to help with "dressing" and "undressing" the horses.  And, time permitting, there are plans to run a few games either on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, so ground crew and marshals will be needed.   Fortunately, though, it apppears many Guild members will be able to enjoy the grandeur and spectacle of Coronation from the (hopefully) pleasant shade of the gallery and not have to stand out in the sun with the Honor Guard.

              During the EQ Guild meeting this past Saturday, His Royal Highness explained the plan for the procession in great detail, and it was determined  that only one foot attendant would be needed during the procession itself.  All riders will be intermediate-to-advanced riders, so they will not have to be led nor their horses held.  The members of Their court who will be joining Them during the Coronation will be on foot.  Her Royal Highness will be arriving in a carriage: the carriage's owner will be driving it, and will not be dismounting.  The procession route will be roped off, so no one approaches the horses on foot.  And there will be a barrier of some sort between the gallery and the procession.   His RH will need someone to take His mount after He dismounts, but I believe that position is being filled by a close friend.

              So come, relax, and enjoy!

              -Alison

              <Note: the opinions and words expressed herein are solely my own.  I do not presume to speak for THRs, nor Their Court.>

              On Friday, July 14, 2006 5:32 PM, Robert wrote:

              Barring unforeseen calamities, it is my intention to be at Purgatorio to assist in whatever EQ marshaling duties are needed.  Presumably  a number of horse-savvy foot attendants will be required for safety reasons with the mounted procession (and also to lead the mounts back to stable after the riders dismount at court, I'd guess.)    I've been pleased to see friends I've known for many years like Radnor & Rolf  on the Throne again.  I haven't gotten to know some of the newer fighters yet who just joined in the last decade or so.

                    - Robert of Dunharrow

            • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 17, 2006
                Greetings All,

                The site owner has waived the rule about horses on the grass for the
                processions only. Horses are permitted in other areas, such as the
                roads, barn and arena areas. Please pick up after your horse.

                We will definately need all hands available for Purgatorio,
                especially during court. This includes everyone who is authorized
                Intermediate Groundcrew and above to monitor the perimeter of the
                procession area and be available to lead/hold a horse, if necessary,
                at the field. We need volunteers that arrive early on Friday and
                Saturday morning to help at gate with getting the EQ waivers
                signed. Some owners may want assistance with their horses during
                the event. Respond to the poll, or contact me directly if you will
                be available to help.

                Any other activities besides ceremonial processions will need
                marshals and groundcrew to assist. There will be NO NEW
                AUTHORIZATIONS AT THIS EVENT that have not been approved by the
                Kingdom Equestrian Officer.

                Folks that want to become authorized to help with horses before the
                event have several opportunities coming in the next few weeks:

                Golden Rivers practice, July 23 and August 20, 11:00-3:00 in Rio
                Linda (Northern Sacramento County) contact me for details.

                North Bay workshop & practice, weekend of July 28-30, (Santa
                Rosa/Sonoma County), contact Collette.

                Silver Desert practice, August 12, noon til dark, north of Reno,
                contact Siobhan for details.

                Ever in Service to the West,

                Gwendwyn
                EQMIC for Purgatorio