EQ Meetinmg Correction: EdC's Class at A&S

  • dcamville@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2004
      Good Afternoon,

      According to the Meeting Minutes  that have reacently been posted, Elisabeth's class is going to be "cut" to allow for a horse garb class.
      This is NOT the case at all. I, her Lord, want to make this point VERY clear.
      In fact Marguerite, Kingdom EQ Marshall contacted Elisabeth on Monday to see if it was possible on Monday night AFTER the meeting. She was informed that the class was NOT going to be altered. Period. The material covered in that class, especially when attended by more that two people, takes about two hours as it is a hands on course.
      It is my sincere hope that no one has made any arragements with the Autocrat or her team in regards to this matter without first consulting Elisabeth.

      If a "horse garb" class is going to be taught that's fine and can be run at the same time ast EdC's class. She does not have an issue with that at all.
      This type of class would appeal to those individuals who have access to a horse they can fit for garb.
      The same goes for a "trailering class"...it would really only appeal to those who are trailering thier mounts or are about to get a trailer and start hauling their mounts. They can be taught  at the same time if need be.
      However, it is my opinion that it IS a little late in the game to add classes to an organized track, especially when they don't quite fit the theme of the event. These classes, while cool in concept, will be over the heads of many of the attendess who are at a more basic level when it comes the Equestrian Arts. If the point is to educate the general populace we must, has I have said many times before, keep things simple.

      As my Lady's Champion I also feel is a bit RUDE to assume that someone who, because of MUNDANE LIFE issues could not attend a meeting in Sacramento, will alter a class they have formatted (and sucessfully taught so much so that it is requested oftern) without PRIOR discussion. It is behavor like this which can lead to a GOOD TEACHER to stop teaching classes that appeal to the general populace because it appears that their efforts are not valued. While I appreciate the dynamic nature of this guild's leadership I advise mixing courtesy and prudence to the "getting things done" mix. She may not come out and say so as bluntly as I have done, as she is a courteous individual but I do know that she felt a bit slighted and perturbed at this action. Something to keep in mind in the future. I am glad however that the efforts of Elisabeth and Maguerite, who ALWAYS teach something related to the Equestrian Arts at Collegiums and A&S events have inspired others to teach as well. This is a good thing.

      Beauseant!

      Viscount Richard de Camville, KSCA
    • Dianne L Karp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2004
        I do not recall any discussion at the meeting about changing Elizabeth's
        class format for A&S. Is it possible that, in the free-flowing
        discussion that was going on, the note-taker made a simple error that
        Marguerite did not catch?

        Siobhan n S