January South Bay Lesson Report

  • tlwhyte17
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      Yesterday we had our monthly Mists english-style lesson at Garrod
      Farms in Saratoga. As it fell out, Marguerite and I wound up having a
      semi-private lesson with Vicki, our usual instructor. Despite a late
      start, we had a good lesson focusing on cantering (yeah!).

      An important thing to mention is that Vickie has been giving our
      games a great deal of thought. Her prime focus is to help us develop
      the skills to stay safely in the saddle as we ride through the games.
      So from now on these classes should (will?) have more of a games
      focus. In February we will bring and set up the poles in the arena
      itself, and practice riding the slolom (sp?) pattern. We also talked
      about riding cross rein, so that we could still have the mouth
      contact of english but still be able to ride one handed.

      When February's lesson will be is TBD--I'll post it as soon as I can.

      Genevieve