RE: [WestKingdomEQ] PVC EQ Games Equipment Supplies list

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2004
      >>The other, (better imho -- it comes down to what your used to, and they
      >>don't fall over just because a little breeze went by) is a heavy duty
      >>rubber set. I have ordered a set of these and will have them around the
      >>first week of February if anyone wants to take a look at them.<<

      Sounds interesting! The stuff I'm using is from my work on freeway
      construction projects - what you drive by on the highways regularly -
      designed not to fall over when an 18-wheeler goes by at 80 mph. :-) And
      they're ummm, free for me (your tax dollars at work). I'm sure I could
      price them out for those who think the contractors might miss the ones I've
      permanently borrowed.

      >>A few years ago I went to Great Western War (specifically to ride - not
      >>fight) and their heads were styrofoam heads -- wig forms. Guess somebody
      >>would get offended if we got a bunch of monster masks just after Halloween
      >>and put them on wig forms <G>.<<

      No, I think it would be great - BUT the problem is the styrofoam heads break
      off at the neck all the time. Its really annoying to have to replace them
      constantly, so I'm switching the Mists equipment over from the styrofoam to
      the nerf heads for better equipment life. Thats what I'd recommend, but
      hey, you could use gallon milk jugs or anything else not breakable when you
      get right down to it. Period looking is better, of course, but better to
      have something to practice on than nothing!

      >>Marguerite, can you get cones for a good price? (Better than Home Depot's
      >>price on their medium-sized ones? I need a few more for marking pockets
      >>for barrels. Thanks.)<<
      Certainly, see above. You could also check White Cap Construction supplies
      online (located off Brokaw in San Jose). That's where we get construction
      supplies from. Just let me know if you'd prefer to buy them new vs. fresh
      off the highway (I could grab some for you that are clearly extraneous and
      not being well-loved next time I'm out on a job site- but ours are pretty
      large. I'm not sure waht size HD's medium ones are :-).

      -Marguerite

    • Ruth Ann Van Vranken
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2004
        Oh, my comparison below was from the "fill with water or sand" bases to the
        heavy rubber bases -- not to the road pylons or whatever the appropriate
        technical term is (delinators I guess...) <G> although I would love three
        of them for toys for my younger horses that still like to entertain
        themselves....

        No, the delinator bases meet all the necessary requirements for being safe,
        don't blow over, can be trampled without injury to the horse or rider, etc.