Re: Fw: Site message from SnS

  • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "tlwhyte17" <tlwhyte@c...>
      wrote:
      > I'd be fine with Mist in Oct. Cynagua could try the Rio Linda site
      > for April - Gwen has seen it and it is only 4 miles from Jerry's
      (which makes it about 6 miles up Watt north of hwy 80 and then 8
      miles west of Watt)

      The arena in Rio Linda is available for April 17 & 18. The autocrat
      will need to make the reservation ASAP though. The fee is $350 for
      two days, with $100 deposit.

      > It is big enough, I think for camping if we wanted to do that.

      They have allowed self-contained (ie. RV/trailer) camping in the
      past. Someone will need to talk to them more about what we do before
      they will permit SCA style camping though. If it's not an option,
      then there should be enough overnight facilities in the area to
      accomodate everyone for a two-day event.

      The arena is at least as big as the one in Woodland, however it is
      uncovered. If we wanted a second area for authorizations or other
      activities, there is room to bring in portable panels to set one up.

      > If we have an autocrat for Mists and in Oct, lets jump on it.
      > Aricia - is that
      > OK with you? Anyone in Cynagua want to tackle April?
      >
      > BTW, Rhodri got us the site in Loomis.
      > Sns

      I checked the calendar for Loomis, and there is a clinic scheduled on
      April 17, but Sunday is open. The covered arena in Ione is not
      available either day. Orangevale Park is booked for a horse show.

      That's all the information I have at this point. I'll be glad to
      autocrat, or help if someone can volunteer as EMiC.

      Ever in service,
      Gwendwyn
    • dkarp@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
        Given that it is April and we do not know if they'll allow camping in tents, I'd suggest we bag that part but still think about a 2 day event. Perhaps Gwen could ask Jerry if overnight stabling is possible at his ranch?

        Siobhan
        Am I the Siobhan you are looking for>

        --
      • Viscountess Gwendwyn the Silent
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2003
          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, dkarp@j... wrote:
          > Given that it is April and we do not know if they'll allow camping
          in tents, I'd suggest we bag that part but still think about a 2 day
          event. Perhaps Gwen could ask Jerry if overnight stabling is
          possible at his ranch?

          > Siobhan
          > Am I the Siobhan you are looking for>

          The horses can stay on site in the pens as long as someone stays to
          watch them. The rodeo groups do this all the time. The park
          department wants a little more information/reassurance about what it
          is that we do before they give the go ahead for more than the horses
          and owners though, but it didn't sound like it would be a problem.

          I did talk to Jerry on the phone this afternoon and he should be able
          to provide some overnight space if needed. He will also be able to
          provide a string of rentals for the April event. I can coordinate
          with him further as we firm things up.

          Gwen
        • Ruth Ann Van Vranken
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2004
            Hi All,

            I will most likely be at a big barrel race in Reno (Nevada Classic) this weekend...but I expect we can still overnight a few horses -- I'll know more when we get closer to this event (see how many mares I have in to be bred at that time - that will dictate the space & panels I have available).

             - rhodry