Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Western Riding Lessons

  • Sarah Spalding
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Everyone:

      I'd just like to mention that $35 for a lesson is really a great price, especially when you are using someone else's horse.  Riding different horses is a great way to learn.

      For a comparison on prices I pay $45-$200 an hour for my lessons depending on what trainer I am working with.  Add into that gas, trailer, time, tack, board etc. and you'll know why horses keep me broke!  Buying a horse is the cheapest part!

      So, I urge everyone who wants to learn to ride or just brush up on skills to take advantage of the lessons that have been offered on this list.

      Just my 8 hooves worth.

      Kind Regards,

      Sarah

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        Greetings... We are setting up riding lessons in
        Sunol, CA... The style of riding will focus on
        Western. Lessons look to be $35.00 per session...
        Lessons will be on Sundays... Please chime in by
        THURSDAY DECEMBER 4 if you would like to be part of
        this month's session. -- Thanks! -- RdC

        Dear Sir Richard:

        I am very interested in regular monthly Western
        lessons, but would like to try one before I commit.

        However, for most of the year Sundays may be a problem
        for me. Right now, any Sunday from now till March
        Crown, except for Dec. 14 (non-SCA commitment), Jan.
        4, and Jan. 24, is fine. During tourney season,
        though, I try to attend kingdom, Mists, and Cynaguan
        events, and need to keep some weekends free for family
        gatherings. If folks could meet on, say, Wednesdays
        -- that would work much better for me.

        I realize that for many of us only Sundays are free.
        Would enough of us commit to have two sets of classes,
        one on a weekday and one on Sunday?

        I would like to participate in equestrian activities
        in addition to, not instead of, SCA activities.

        Respectfully, Kellyn Firesinger

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • dcamville
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
          Western Riding Lesson Information

          DATE: Sunday January 18, 2004
          PLACE: Sunset Riding Academy in Sunol, CA (Between Fremont and
          Pleasanton)
          TIME: 12:15PM.
          PLAN TO ARRIVE: No later than 11:45AM
          COST: $45.00 per lesson. Package deal for 4 lessons is just $150.00
          ($37.50 per lesson)
          DIRECTIONS: Best route to 680. Head to Sunol. Exit at the Andrade
          exit. Head EAST on Andrade. Make the first left on Athenour Way.
          NOTE: We have six (6) spaces available. The first six who email me
          back at dcamville@... to say they can attend, get in. It
          is our hope to establish a consistant group over the next few months
          s that everyone can progress and take advantage of other riding
          opportunities as they present themselves. You can bring your own
          helmet or use theirs.
          PREREQUISITE: You MUST be able to groom and tack up a horse with
          Western tack. Horses and gear are provided. No exceptions. If you
          don't know how to do this you will need to make arrangements with
          Richard and Elisabeth to learn how to BEFORE the lesson on one of the
          following dates. Jan. 10-17 during the afternoon or early evening.
          Weekends are better for us. If you have questions please call 510-886-
          1526 or email us at the above listed address.

          Thanks!

          EdC/RdC