Western Riding Lessons

  • dcamville
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Greetings...

      As was mentioned before in a previous post we are setting up riding
      lessons in Sunol, CA. between Fremont and Pleasanton.
      The style of riding will focus on Western.
      Lessons look to be $35.00 per session. You need to know how to tack
      up a horse.
      Lessons will be on Sundays.
      ONCE WE GET A COMMITTED GROUP together we can negociate the price
      down some. To do that we NEED a solid core group of interested people
      who will commit to a once-per-month lesson.
      We NEED to get feedback on the level of interest from the group.
      We want to start these lesson this month...that way folks are ready
      for the upcoming EQ practices and events!
      Please chime in by THURSDAY DECEMBER 4, 2003 if you would like to be
      part of this month's session.

      Thanks!

      RdC
    • Sarah Spalding
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi Everyone:

        I'd just like to mention that $35 for a lesson is really a great price, especially when you are using someone else's horse.  Riding different horses is a great way to learn.

        For a comparison on prices I pay $45-$200 an hour for my lessons depending on what trainer I am working with.  Add into that gas, trailer, time, tack, board etc. and you'll know why horses keep me broke!  Buying a horse is the cheapest part!

        So, I urge everyone who wants to learn to ride or just brush up on skills to take advantage of the lessons that have been offered on this list.

        Just my 8 hooves worth.

        Kind Regards,

        Sarah

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
          Greetings... We are setting up riding lessons in
          Sunol, CA... The style of riding will focus on
          Western. Lessons look to be $35.00 per session...
          Lessons will be on Sundays... Please chime in by
          THURSDAY DECEMBER 4 if you would like to be part of
          this month's session. -- Thanks! -- RdC

          Dear Sir Richard:

          I am very interested in regular monthly Western
          lessons, but would like to try one before I commit.

          However, for most of the year Sundays may be a problem
          for me. Right now, any Sunday from now till March
          Crown, except for Dec. 14 (non-SCA commitment), Jan.
          4, and Jan. 24, is fine. During tourney season,
          though, I try to attend kingdom, Mists, and Cynaguan
          events, and need to keep some weekends free for family
          gatherings. If folks could meet on, say, Wednesdays
          -- that would work much better for me.

          I realize that for many of us only Sundays are free.
          Would enough of us commit to have two sets of classes,
          one on a weekday and one on Sunday?

          I would like to participate in equestrian activities
          in addition to, not instead of, SCA activities.

          Respectfully, Kellyn Firesinger

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • dcamville
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2004
            Western Riding Lesson Information

            DATE: Sunday January 18, 2004
            PLACE: Sunset Riding Academy in Sunol, CA (Between Fremont and
            Pleasanton)
            TIME: 12:15PM.
            PLAN TO ARRIVE: No later than 11:45AM
            COST: $45.00 per lesson. Package deal for 4 lessons is just $150.00
            ($37.50 per lesson)
            DIRECTIONS: Best route to 680. Head to Sunol. Exit at the Andrade
            exit. Head EAST on Andrade. Make the first left on Athenour Way.
            NOTE: We have six (6) spaces available. The first six who email me
            back at dcamville@... to say they can attend, get in. It
            is our hope to establish a consistant group over the next few months
            s that everyone can progress and take advantage of other riding
            opportunities as they present themselves. You can bring your own
            helmet or use theirs.
            PREREQUISITE: You MUST be able to groom and tack up a horse with
            Western tack. Horses and gear are provided. No exceptions. If you
            don't know how to do this you will need to make arrangements with
            Richard and Elisabeth to learn how to BEFORE the lesson on one of the
            following dates. Jan. 10-17 during the afternoon or early evening.
            Weekends are better for us. If you have questions please call 510-886-
            1526 or email us at the above listed address.

            Thanks!

            EdC/RdC