goundsman authorization guidelines

  • Dianne L Karp
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2003
      I would appreciate it if everyone would send me a (brief) list of what
      you think is needed to authorize (eg what kind of writtne and practical
      tests) at each of the 3 levels. Henrik wants the Senior Marshals to get
      together in the next 30 days to devlop them and we need input. Keep it
      simple, please. Remember how simple it is to authorize as a rider and
      how much time this takes.
      Siobhan

      Here is what the new Society standard is:
      Beginner
      1.Safely handle the quipment and weapons needed for the equestrian
      activites. This includes the correct way to hand weapons to a mounted
      participant
      2. Maneuver around the horses
      3, Understand the rules of the activity
      4. Demonstrate knowledge of basic horse safety

      Intermediate
      all of the above and
      1. the ability to help with the horses in a non-emergency situation

      all of the above and
      1. ability to run and score games
      2. the ability to help with the horses in an emergency situation.