Cynaguan Mounted Combat Skills Workshop - August 17, 2013

  • Nancy Reimers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2013
      Ride a perfect circle...which is much tougher than it sounds.

      Come join us at River Rock Cobs in Browns Valley, CA for the next installment in the Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop Series. From Xenophon to Duarte through modern day, riding circles is a key element in war horse training. As we have discovered in many of our workshops to date, riding straight is key to mastering many of our combat skills and as many horsemen can tell you, if you want to lope straight, lope circles; if you want to back straight, back circles. We will also start the day off with a braidi
      ng workshop and some grooming to win tips, because really, what's the point of being an effective killer, if your horse doesn't look fabulous while you are doing it?

      This workshop is ideally suited to :

      1) Folks that have an interest in learning grooming tricks, in learning how to braid, or in improving their braid techniques.
      2) Folks that are comfortable riding at least a walk and trot and would like to work on learning to establish and maintain bend.
      3) Folks that are comfortable at a walk and trot and are looking to riding circles while encumbered with a lance or shield.
      4) Folks that have discovered that they or their horse needs to be able to travel straighter in SCA games and/or jousting/quintain runs.
      5) Folks that just wanna come hang with a bunch of amazing horse folks.
      6) Young or Green horses that need more exposure to SCA activities.

      *Loaner horses may be available. Contact the organizers if you are looking to borrow a horse,

      **Stabling and camping available. Please let the organizers know if you are planning on staying overnight.

      Precise Schedule information to follow, but we are planning to include mini-classes and hands-on experience in braiding, grooming to win, circle work in hand, modern dressage skills for riding a circle and using a garrocha to improve your circles. Tentatively scheduled is a class on riding circles while encumbered with a shield.

      Saturday, August 17th Noon - 11 PM

      River Rock Cobs, 6497 Marysville Rd, Browns Valley, CA