Hocktide Emprise Update

  • mcquistons2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2013
      Please join us for the Hocktide Emprise event next weekend, May 10-12, in Glyn Dwfn, Summits (Farwood Farm, 4850 Dodge Road in White City, OR 97503).

      Just a few reminders:
      - All heavy armored foot, rapier and equestrian challenges will require entrants to bring a prize suitable to their status in the SCA as a tithe of entrance. The prizes need not be costly, simply appropriate to their rank and/or the activity. At the completion of these three tournaments, ALL participants get to pick one prize from the items provided by the competitors of that tourney. This choosing is in REVERSE order of finish.
      - The heavy armor Defender tourney will start promptly at 11am Saturday; armor inspections and lists open at 10am.
      - The rapier tournament will start earlier than originally published, probably around 11:30-Noon. It will run concurrently with the heavy tournament.
      - All new Voice Herald competition will debut this year. Look for info at Gate upon arrival.
      - War manoeuvers with Summits Warlord, Sir William Geoffrey, on Sunday morning.
      - Our annual fundraiser prizes are sure to please: http://hocktide.com/blog/?p=220
      - There will be a Merchants' Row with a range of handmade goods.
      - It looks like it may be unseasonably hot that weekend; please bring day-shades and appropriate sun protection.
      - Fire restrictions may be implemented at any time during the weekend.

      We hope to see you there! Please see our event website (www.hocktide.com) or Crier web page (http://www.antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=3224) for all event info, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions (mcquistons2 at yahoo dot com).

      HL Muirgheal Dolgfinnr
      Event Steward