Equestrian Activities (including a mock hunt) at Beltane)

  • Nancy Reimers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2013

      As a reminder, Beltane this year is being held at the Pitt's Family Ranch in Arbuckle, CA. We will be having Equestrian activities. There will be an Equestrian Waiver at Gate.

      Saturday (10 am-ish - dusk): There will be "animals" to hunt around the ranch including Boar, Goats, Cats, a Wolf, Bunnies, Otters, and a Bear. Please return the obstacles to the state in which you would have liked to have found them when you are done killing or capturing the animal. There will be weapons near the animals. If anyone has a boar spear they are willing to loan out, let me know. I will bring the supplies for Roe Buck and Stag Hunts as well, in case we get that coordinated. More information on the mock hunt animals can be found at the link below. Many of these animals can be hunted from the ground. Please use only low poundage bows and blunt arrows on the goats and the wild cats.

      Sunday (TBA AM): We will be practicing Medieval Mounted Combat Skills including Close Quarters Riding, Introductory Mounted Wrestling, and Introductory Mounted Long Sword (Bring knee pads, fencing masks, and gorgets if you have them).

      12x24 pipe pens and 20x20 electric pens are available for $25 each for the weekend. Make your reservations with me (nancyreimers <at> gmail <dot> com) by this coming Sunday 4/21/13 to ensure availability.

      No reservations are required for those that would like to bring their own pens or high line.

      Rental Horses are available from Jerry Bestpitch of JB Ranch. He plans to be on-site at 8 am on Saturday to match people up with horses. The cost is $120 for Saturday. We need a minimum of 5 renters by 4/21 to make rentals happen. Call or email him to make reservations 916.991.9500 or jerry@...

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.363832540327833.86866.100001032700167&type=3

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.402727639771656.93784.100001032700167&type=3

      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.492435180800901.114806.100001032700167&type=3

      If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me at nancyreimers <at> gmail.com or 209.620.3828