An "Event Focus" Question: Is There An Interest?

  • dcamville
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013
      Greetings Everyone,

      Events are successful because there is both interest and perceived value in the event itself. This is a fairly well know fact and hopefully we all can agree on it (grin). That being said, it seems that if one were to attempt to create an event focus it would be wise to determine if there is any interest in said focus before moving forward, right? That is the reason behind this postÂ…to see if there is an interest.

      Back in the rennnaisance of equestrian activities in the West Kingdom we would hold class based events (Equestrium was a "Collegium-like" event which focused on equestrian related activities). If memory serves the last such event was held in the spring of 2011 in the shire of Mountains Gate. The event was well attended and made a profit. It seems there was, at the time, an interest is such an event.

      Groups grow and interests shift. It is inevitable. We have these amazing "themed" trail rides where our love of history meets ACTHA (American Competitive Trail Horse Association) like obstacles! We have wonderful Championships where folks can show off their skills to their peers. We have come such a long, long way it really boggles the mind. Yet, one wonders if there is now a place for a "class based event" in our equestrian community. We have had workshops and local practices which draw interest, so the question seems valid.

      Would this community like to see a class based Equestrium in 2014?
      Would this community support such an event by volunteering to teach or help run said event?

      If so, I would be willing to autocrat it and get the ball rolling on organizing such an event.
      If not then we, as a group, have moved passed the desire forf this type of event and will continue to focus on other aspects of our art.
      Either answer is great. Just curious if there is an interest.

      Please share your thoughts on the topic.

      In Service,

      Vis. Richard de Camville, KSCA, OL, OP
    • juliana_of_avon
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2013
        Greetings,

        We are having a hearty discussion on this topic over on the FB page.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/406297362743872/

        We talked about a class-based Equestrium at the Workshop and Daffyd (David Belongie) tapped to Autocrat it. I believe Else mentioned this on the FB page. Check with Daffyd, I am sure he'd love help.

        YIS,

        Juliana