Pet the Pony at King's Hunt!

  • Natalie W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2013
      Greetings fellow Altavians,

      King's Hunt in the Shire of Carreg Wen (just north east of Santa Barbara....gooooorgeous country!) is the first weekend of April (starts Friday the 5th and ends Sunday the 7th) and it's a spectacular place for a camping event!

      Horses will be part of this annual hunting expedition again this year and because we have a lot of events during the year that allow equestrians to demonstrate their "martial" prowess (i.e. the games etc), the event Stewards and I are discussing something a bit different for you for this event.

      I am looking for "ladies of the gallery" to judge what amounts to an Equestrian Fashion show at King's Hunt. We plan t Process, Parade and have our horses look every inch the Medieval Destrier (Courser or Palfrey) that he/she should have been in period. And we need YOUR good opinions a favor!!

      In addition to trail riding through the miles of beautiful countryside around Live Oak Camp and Lake Cachuma, we will be processing and lending an extraordinary amount of panache and pageantry to Court on Saturday. We will also be hunting in full medieval fashion in the woods.

      In addition, there wll be a pony-petting opportunity for the children on Saturday after court. THLady Courtney of the White Meadow and Lady Kora Elfbairn have graciously offered their 35-inch tall miniature horse, named Angel, for the pleasure of the young'uns. Angel is very child-friendly and likes nothing more to be petted, brushed and cuddled, preferably by humans her own size! So bring the children and learn about ponies with Angel the Mini! This is one of Angel's brethren in case you wanted to know what a 35 inch miniature horse looks like...<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekr05T9Iaio&feature=youtu.be> (Angel only demonstrates her moves for apples and carrots, well cut up into mini-treat chunks, of course)

      For inquiries about equine activities, stabling, and more information, please watch this space (or contact me privately).

      Lady Ariadne De Glevo,
      equestrian coordinator
      King's Hunt

      Melius vivit qui medicinae et mechanica partes utitur