Re: Fwd: [redrockhounds] Health requirements for border crossing

  • Elsie
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5 11:33 AM
      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Dianne Karp <diannekarp@...> wrote:

      > Hi all – Effective this month all California entry points will be > requiring a negative Coggins within the past 6 months and and a > California Veterinary Inspection (CVI) within 30 days for all horses > coming into California

      For anyone scratching their head, CVI = Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (aka Health Certificate). CDFA released requirements effective March 1st on what is takes to comply with the new federal regs we were discussing several weeks ago.

      Horses from most states have the same requirements they have had for years. There are however some increased requirements for horse originating from FL.

      The import requirements can be found here: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Horses_and_Equidae.html

      Check back often as they can and do change.