Fwd: [redrockhounds] Health requirements for border crossing

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      FYI

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      FYI, we also have a fresh outbreak of EHV-1 in Cache County UT (northern UT)- 2 horses have been euthanized of 5 infected, I believe.  Beverley

      Hi all – Effective this month all California entry points will be requiring a negative Coggins within the past 6 months and and a California Veterinary Inspection (CVI) within 30 days for all horses coming into California regardless of origin or length of stay  outside of Caifornia.

      I’ve attached some information I put together on this initiative.   It isn’t just California that will be requiring this type of documention, especially in light of the recent EHV1 outbreak in Florida.

      Hope this helps with any questions you all may have  had – especially those of us who have been getting a different story every time we come back to California from Red Rock with horses.

      Angela, can you send to anyone who may not be on the Red Rock list.

      Thanks!

      joy

      Logo - Teal With Text-super smal

      Joy Smith

      President and Co-Founder

      FieldHaven Feline Center

      joy@...

      916-434-6122

      Cell:  916-300-8166

    • Elsie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2013
        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Dianne Karp <diannekarp@...> wrote:

        > Hi all – Effective this month all California entry points will be > requiring a negative Coggins within the past 6 months and and a > California Veterinary Inspection (CVI) within 30 days for all horses > coming into California

        For anyone scratching their head, CVI = Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (aka Health Certificate). CDFA released requirements effective March 1st on what is takes to comply with the new federal regs we were discussing several weeks ago.

        Horses from most states have the same requirements they have had for years. There are however some increased requirements for horse originating from FL.

        The import requirements can be found here: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/Horses_and_Equidae.html

        Check back often as they can and do change.