Re: Equestrian Activities at Beltane

  • Nancy Reimers
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 12:32 PM
      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Nancy Reimers <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

      This is an absolutely lovely site (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509721582405594.117853.100001032700167&type=3) with horses that live on the property.  Water is available for horses (people should bring their own).  There is lots of room to set up portable pens, and we can run high lines between horse trailers.  There are some trees around the property that might be suitable for high lining as well.  Schedule is a little general at this point, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew we are going to ride so they could make schedule , trailer, and horsie accommodation arrangements over the next couple of months.

      Update on Horse Housing.  The Site owner is willing to build 12x24 pipe pens and 20x20 electric pens and offer them for $25/pen/weekend.  If anyone would like to take advantage, please make reservations with me by 4/21, so she has time to acquire supplies and build them.

      Else
    • Nancy Reimers
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 8:43 PM
        On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Nancy Reimers <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

        If anyone is interested in rental horses for Saturday, let me know and I'll see if Jerry is interested.

        And further good news.  We had several folks interested in rentals, so I spoke to Jerry and he would be delighted to provide them.  Please contact Jerry at 916.991.9500 or jerry <at> jbranch.com to make reservations.  Horses will be $120/horse on Saturday.  Jerry is planning on being there at 8 am to get folks matched up with their mounts for the day.  We need 5 horses reserved by 4/21 to make rentals happen.  If we make the minimum, Jerry says he is willing to entertain half day rentals and horse sharing - please call him if you are interested in either of those.

        Let me know if you have any questions,

        Else
      • Nancy Reimers
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
          Beltane is this coming weekend. For those of you that reserved a stall don't forget to to bring water buckets. We will have water in our area for the horses.

          There are riding activities planned both days. If you are not an authorized rider, please touch base with Else to obtain an authorization before you head out on course.

          *Saturday (10 am-ish - dusk): There will be "animals" to hunt around the ranch including Boar, Goats, Cats, a Wolf, Bunnies, Otters, and a Bear. Please return the obstacles to the state in which you would have liked to have found them when you are done killing or capturing the animal. There will be weapons near the animals.

          If you don't hunt or didn't get enough riding in on the hunt, there ranch backs up to many, many acres of BLM land and we are welcome to ride on that.

          *Sunday (9 AM): My intent is to holding the Sunday AM activities on the List Field assuming suitable footing. If that plan changes, I'll let folks know. If anyone needs me to feed Sunday morning, let me know.

          We will be practicing Medieval Mounted Combat Skills including Close Quarters Riding, Introductory Mounted Wrestling, and Introductory Mounted Long Sword (Bring knee pads, fencing masks, and gorgets if you have them). As this is a group activity, please be tacked up and mounted up by 9 am. We will be starting with passing drills at the walk, so your warm up needs probably will not be great. If folks need to drop in and out of the practice for meetings, we will completely understand.

          There will also be some riders out practicing SCA Mounted Combat. Bring appropriate armor if you would like to play.

          See you there,