Practices

  • Ellen of the Western Wind
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Tarnmist has finally gotten the Eq insurance snafu straightened out, so we can now start our practices up again! (madly waving Kermit arms).

      They will be held at Buckley Stables in San Luis Obispo on Sunday mornings. 9am (set up) to noon in the large arena. First date they can be held is March 3rd. We will try to have them twice a month and have all Sundays included in the paperwork so we can work around rain days and shows. Garb is encouraged but not necessary.

      Starting out will be aquainting the horses with the equipment and barding, basic riding skills, and safe weapons handling. There is also a very large round pen and some sturdy wooden bridges (made of railroad ties) for training and a long dirt road up a hill for conditioning work for those with their own horses. You will also have to ride by a few goats and sheep to get to the hill.

      Ellen