OT: March Play-Day & Potluck Picnic Invitation

  • Michael Canfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hello All!

      Alloria and I would like to extend an invitation to an event our mundane horsemanship club, the Nor-Cal Downunder Brumbies, is hosting in March.
      We'll have horse games, obstacles, mini classes and more going on all day.
      Yes, many of the exercises and approaches that will be used during the day are found in the Downunder Horsemanship Method.
      We will be happy to introduce those that attend and are not familiar with this approach to the Fundamental exercises. We are a supportive and welcoming group.
      You can learn more about this training approach at www.downunderhorsemanship.tv or simply search Downunder Horsemanship on YouTube.
      It should be a fun day with great folks, great food and great horses!
      Here is the information:

      DATE: March 9, 2013 (Saturday)

      COST: Full members FREE. Non-Members $10.00 (if riding). Audit is free. Everyone is to bring a dish to share for the picnic.

      PLACE: Pioneer Park Equestrian Arena 6740 Fairplay Road in Somerset

      TIME: Gather time begins about 9:30am. Start time is 10:30am.

      RSVP NEEDED: RSVP by no later than Thursday March 7, 2013. Please RSVP to dcamville@...

      NOTES: There is a trailer friendly gas station/convenience store at the corner of Mt Aukum (Hwy. 16) and Fairplay Road. The site has TWO arenas, bleacher seating, indoor bathrooms with sinks, a really nice play ground, great trailer parking, Frisbee golf course, ball fields (you can run your dogs there) and some great nearby wineries.

      SCHEDULE: Groundwork practice/troubleshooting in the morning with a focus on Flexing (all four types), Backing (all four types) and Yielding the FQ. A “Body Language 60 Minute Review” will also happen (small arena) with horse and humans. The picnic will get laid out about 1:00pm and folks can settle in and enjoy it about 1:30pm. The afternoon will have obstacles to work with, games, scary objects and general saddle time.

      Some work can be done outside the arena if there is no one on the Frisbees course.

      This is to be a FUN and social event. This is a great “bring a friend” type of event!

      CRASH SPACE: We have room for horses and humans at our place in Placerville on Friday and Saturday. Horses must be social (comfortable in a large pasture) and understand what hot-tape is. We also have a round pen to house the horse if needed. Our road is trailer friendly for bumper pulls but can be a little tricky for gooseneck rigs because of one sharp incline/decline. Humans will need to bring their bedrolls and whatever they need to be comfy. The house will be open for guests about 4:00pm on Friday March 8. Dinner will be served. Coffee, oatmeal and eggs will be served Saturday morning. If you think you’ll need crash space please let us know by Thursday March 7. We will send you directs to our place if you RSVP and let us know you need crash space.

      DIRECTIONS: Most GPS systems can get you there but just in case…

      From the N. BAY AREA: Take your best route to Hwy. 80 East to Hwy. 50 East. Take the WATT AVE exit, EXIT 11. Take the WATT AVE SOUTH ramp. Merge onto WATT AVE. Turn LEFT onto JACKSON RD/CA-16. Continue to follow CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

      From the S. BAY AREA: Take your best route to Hwy. 580 East and head towards Stockton. Keep LEFT to take I-205 E toward TRACY/STOCKTON. Merge onto I-5 N. Merge onto CA-4 E toward CA-99/DOWNTOWN STOCKTON/ANGELS CAMP. Merge onto CA-99 N via the exit on the LEFT toward SACRAMENTO. Take the CA-88 E/WATERLOO RD exit, EXIT 255, toward JACKSON. Turn RIGHT onto WATERLOO RD/CA-88. Continue to follow CA-88 East. Turn left on CA-124. Turn LEFT onto W MAIN ST/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 1st RIGHT onto PRESTON AVE/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 3rd RIGHT onto PLYMOUTH HWY/CA-124. Continue to follow CA-124. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

      From the NORTH and Sacramento: Take your best route to 50 East. Take the WATT AVE exit, EXIT 11. Take the WATT AVE SOUTH ramp. Merge onto WATT AVE. Turn LEFT onto JACKSON RD/CA-16. Continue to follow CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

      From the SOUTH: Take your best route to Hwy. 88 East. Turn left on CA-124. Turn LEFT onto W MAIN ST/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 1st RIGHT onto PRESTON AVE/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 3rd RIGHT onto PLYMOUTH HWY/CA-124. Continue to follow CA-124. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

      From the EAST: Take your favorite route to Hwy. 50 West and heads towards Placerville, CA. Take exit 54 in CAMINO. Slight right on CARSON ROAD. Left on SNOWS ROAD. Turn right to stay on Snows Road. Left on NEWTOWN ROAD. Left on PLEASANT VALLEY ROAD. Right on MT. AUKUM ROAD/ CR-E16. Left on FAIRPLAY ROAD. Park on the right hand side. (If you are coming from the Reno side it has been suggested to take 80 West to 50 East and follow the directions from Sacramento)

      From Hwy 50: From Missouri Flat Road in Placerville follow it to Pleasant Valley Road. Make a LEFT on Pleasant Valley Road. Make a RIGHT on Bucks Bar Road. Make a RIGHT on Mt. Aukum Rd/ CR-E16.  Make a LEFT on Fairplay Rd. (there is a gas station/store on the corner). Park on the right hand side.

      We hope to see you at this fun and educational day!

      Cheers!

      Alloria/RdC

    • Cliveden Chew Haas
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2013
        What a great idea!  I'm sorry not to be able to attend in March, but if your group has something similar later on, I would be very happy to haul my young horse up there.  It sounds like a lot of fun!

        Thanks for the info--

        --Cliveden

        On 2/15/2013 10:51 AM, Michael Canfield wrote:

[...]

        From the N. BAY AREA: Take your best route to Hwy. 80 East to Hwy. 50 East. Take the WATT AVE exit, EXIT 11. Take the WATT AVE SOUTH ramp. Merge onto WATT AVE. Turn LEFT onto JACKSON RD/CA-16. Continue to follow CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

        From the S. BAY AREA: Take your best route to Hwy. 580 East and head towards Stockton. Keep LEFT to take I-205 E toward TRACY/STOCKTON. Merge onto I-5 N. Merge onto CA-4 E toward CA-99/DOWNTOWN STOCKTON/ANGELS CAMP. Merge onto CA-99 N via the exit on the LEFT toward SACRAMENTO. Take the CA-88 E/WATERLOO RD exit, EXIT 255, toward JACKSON. Turn RIGHT onto WATERLOO RD/CA-88. Continue to follow CA-88 East. Turn left on CA-124. Turn LEFT onto W MAIN ST/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 1st RIGHT onto PRESTON AVE/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 3rd RIGHT onto PLYMOUTH HWY/CA-124. Continue to follow CA-124. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

        From the NORTH and Sacramento: Take your best route to 50 East. Take the WATT AVE exit, EXIT 11. Take the WATT AVE SOUTH ramp. Merge onto WATT AVE. Turn LEFT onto JACKSON RD/CA-16. Continue to follow CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.

        From the SOUTH: Take your best route to Hwy. 88 East. Turn left on CA-124. Turn LEFT onto W MAIN ST/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 1st RIGHT onto PRESTON AVE/CA-104/CA-124. Take the 3rd RIGHT onto PLYMOUTH HWY/CA-124. Continue to follow CA-124. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-16. CA-16 becomes CA-49. Turn RIGHT onto SHENANDOAH RD/CR-E16. Continue to follow CR-E16. Turn RIGHT onto FAIRPLAY RD. Park is on the right hand side.