Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Cyanuguan Mounted Games Workshop - Transportation

  • apricotdun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
      I am looking for transportation for myself and my horse, Ajax. He trailers beautifully and is a perfect gentleman. We are located in San Jose. I would prefer to spend at least one night to get him used to "camping", but I understand if schedules do not allow. I also wanted to bring up that my barn manager might be able to trailer up to five, if we can all become centrally located.

      Thanks,
      Jennifer

      On Dec 18, 2012, at 7:01 AM, "Elsie" <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

      Greetings all - We are still finishing up insurance stuff, but I wanted to get a save the date out to anyone that I might have missed on FaceBook. - Else

      Come join us at River Rock Cobs (6497 Marysville Rd, Browns Valley, CA) for the next installment in the Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop Series. If you have been interested in attending one of these and have not been yet, this particular one will be a great introductory workshop for the less experienced horse/rider/competitor and a great honing workshop for those who have been through a few more wet saddle blankets.

      This workshop is ideally suited to:

      1) Folks that are comfortable riding at at least walk and would like to be introduced to the Inter-Kingdom Equestrian Competition Games.
      2) Folks that are interested in submitting scores for at least some of the IKEqC Games. (The arena may not be suitable for rings)
      3) Folks that would like to review Skills taught in prior workshops such as Tumbling, Mounted Archery, and Riding Distances for Combat.
      4) Folks that would like to introduce their horses to some of the things they might see at Triumph of Maximilian.
      5) Young or Green horses that need more exposure to SCA activities.

      *Loaner horses may be available. Contact Else or Jean if you are looking to borrow a horse,

      **Stabling and camping available. Please let Else or Jean know if you are planning on staying overnight.

      Schedule and activities coordinators to follow.

    • Elsie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
        We've got the insurance and schedule all nailed down. If you haven't been to one of these practices before, please be aware that we try to stay on time (not on SCA time). Start times for mounted activities means, tacked up and ready to ride.

        Schedule and activities coordinators:

        10 am Tumbling with somewhere set up to shoot archery from the ground. Unmounted. Else to Coordinate

        10:30 Mounted Archery open practice. Space dependent. Else to coordinate.

        11-2 IKEqC Practice and Scored runs - This early in the season, the focus is going to be on exposing riders and marshals to rules and concepts of IKEqC and focusing on fluidity and accuracy for riders and horses rather than speed. Gwen and Helga to coordinate.

        11-2 (as space allows) - Distance acclimation for the horses. passes at wrestling, sword and lance distance. If space is limited, we will focus on games. Else to coordinate

        2 pm - Acclimation/practice of Triumph of Maximilian elements. Hamish to coordinate.

        I look forward to seeing you there!

        Else

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Elsie" wrote:

        > Greetings all - We are still finishing up insurance stuff, but I wanted to get a save the date out to anyone that I might have missed on FaceBook. - Else

        > Come join us at River Rock Cobs (6497 Marysville Rd, Browns Valley, CA) for the next installment in the Cynaguan Mounted Skills Workshop Series. If you have been interested in attending one of these and have not been yet, this particular one will be a great introductory workshop for the less experienced horse/rider/competitor and a great honing workshop for those who have been through a few more wet saddle blankets.
        >
        > This workshop is ideally suited to:
        >
        > 1) Folks that are comfortable riding at at least walk and would like to be introduced to the Inter-Kingdom Equestrian Competition Games.
        > 2) Folks that are interested in submitting scores for at least some of the IKEqC Games. (The arena may not be suitable for rings)
        > 3) Folks that would like to review Skills taught in prior workshops such as Tumbling, Mounted Archery, and Riding Distances for Combat.
        > 4) Folks that would like to introduce their horses to some of the things they might see at Triumph of Maximilian.
        > 5) Young or Green horses that need more exposure to SCA activities.
        >
        > *Loaner horses may be available. Contact Else or Jean if you are looking to borrow a horse,
        >
        > **Stabling and camping available. Please let Else or Jean know if you are planning on staying overnight.
        >
        > Schedule and activities coordinators to follow.

      • Nancy Reimers
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2013
          Just a reminder to everyone that this is coming up this Sunday!

          1) For the passing drills, it is helpful if folks wear knee pads.
          2) Ken the Magnificent is going to cook up some lamb for us if folks want to bring sides for a late afternoon picnic practice. (
          3) Hamish is pleading plague, but I have something suitably torturous planned to help folks get their horses ready for Maximilian.

          I look forward to seeing those of you who can join us,

          Else