Hocktide Update

  • Sir William Brannan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9 10:07 AM
      Just a quick note with some news about this year's Hocktide Emprise, Man 11th-13th.

      The site owner has generously offered to lower the cost of keeping horses over night from $15 a night to $10. She has also made the offer to allow anyone who wants to, to come down early or stay later than the event dates with a cost cap of $40 per horse. This means if you wanted to make it into a vacation trip down to see the sights of Southern Oregon, catch a Shakespeare play or two, and include riding at Hocktide in those plans, it would only cost you $40 to have your horse stalled out at Farwood for as long as you were here. You would still have to provide food and do the care for your horse of course, but your camping along side of you horse is included in $40 cap. If you don't feel like camping, there are hotels not too far away.

      This makes a horse vacation in Southern Oregon AND the Hocktide Emprise start to make better financial sense.

      On a separate note, the Hocktide Pot Luck Feast is going to be happening again on Saturday and again we will be providing the main course. Just bring a dish to share and join everyone for a lovly time of shared food and socializing.

      As always, details on the event can be found at www.hocktide.com . Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance for answer any questions.

      Sir William (Troy)
    • Sir William Brannan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2012
        Hocktide is one week out and the weather forecast could not be better. Highs in the low 70's and sunshine.

        A couple last minute notices:

        There will be dancing after the potluck feast Saturday, one more thing for those us you courtly enough to appreciate such artistic activities. ;>

        Remember that Sunday is going to be a day of fun as well, with horse and riders pitting their skills against one another in jousting and mounted combat and for our infantry a War Practice in the broken terrain of the horse park.

        On a final note, please make use of good mapping software or print out the driving directions and read them carefully. While we intend to put out SCA sings along the route, in years past such signs have been removed by the highway department, so we can not rely on them being their.

        So I hope to see some of you next week, at Glyn Dwfn's biggest event of the year and a kick off to An Tir's Equestrian Event Season.

        Cheers!
      • Sir William Brannan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2012
          Hocktide News Update: Due to unforeseen circumstances, the "snack bar" will not be in operation this year. There is food available 5 minutes from the event site, both groceries and dining establishments. Please plan accordingly. Sorry for the late notice.
        • winovichrabbitry@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2012
            I have not been to Hocktide and so I do not know the traditions, but I would like to donate a piece of jewelry for the auction if you would allow and/or like.

            Sincerely,
            Isabella
            (MKA Nicole W)
            Isabella's Goodes/Sacred Coyote Designs
            Etsy.com/shop/sacredcoyotedesigns
            http://isabellasgoodes.webs.com
          • Sir William Brannan
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16, 2013
              The course descriptions for Hocktide have now been updated for 2013 so you can see the challenges that are in store!

              While there will be tokens from the Shire of Glyn Dwfn given to the winners, we are running the equestrian tournament as Noblesse Oblige. Please check the website for more information. www.hocktide.com

              Thanks and we hope to see some of you there!