Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Gaston Phebus - We have rentals!!!

  • Tori
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2012
      Thank you Else for working so hard and getting this done.  Having rentals available is always an added bonus, and I know it isn't always easy making it happen!

      Arianwen

      Neca Eos Omnes.  Deus Suos Agnoset.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2012
        My plan is to tell him noon. I figure if he gets there by 2 that still gives folks 4+ hours of daylight to ride.

        Else

        PS I will do my best to have Senior Marshals available to do authorizations Friday PM if anyone has any check marks they need on their cards.

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Dianne Karp <diannekarp@...> wrote:

        > And,. if you can get to his place in the Sac area and ride ahead of time,
        > he can see what you can do and BRING the horse you rode on that day for
        > you!!!
        >
        > Jerry cares deeply about his horses and about you (and the horse) having a
        > good experience. HIs horses do films, mounted shooting and have had
        > experience (in the past) with SCA games.
        >
        > The West has used Jerry's horses off and on for over 25 years. He
        > understands us.
        >
        > Else - give him a time that is at least an hour eariler than you want him
        > there on Fri as he is known for being, ummm a bit tardy.
        >

        > Siobhan
        >

        > On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Elsie <nancyreimers@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Good news. Jerry got back to me and will be able to provide rentals for
        > > Gaston Phebus.
        > >
        > > Rentals will be $200 for Friday and Saturday. Friday will be set up for
        > > Jerry to evaluate you and get you matched up with a horse. Saturday will be
        > > the event itself. Jerry is also willing to provide trail ride time on
        > > Sunday morning for an additional $75, if there is interest.
        > >
        > > Interested riders should email me (letting me know what your authorization
        > > status is) and contact Jerry through jbranch.com or by calling
        > > 916.991.9500
        > >
        > > Jerry reserves the right to limit the pace that riders can ride at. If you
        > > would like to use your own tack please talk with zjerry about it in
        > > advance. If you are greater than 200 lbs, let Jerry know so that he can
        > > bring an appropriate horse.
        > >
        > > Jerry needs reservations from 4 riders by March 1st.
        > >
        > > Payment in full will be required by April 1st.
        > >

        > --
        > Siobhan ni Seaghdha, OP
        > Dianne Karp

      • Antonie Dvorakova
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2012
          Sorry for the mess-up (owner), and thank you for forwarding my message to the group. I in fact wrote to Else about this, as I wonder.

          Could we tell Jerry to arrive earlier? I personally would very much prefer that we can actually begin riding earlier (than 2:00 p.m.) that Friday, if only because I will be driving back to San Jose that night in my car that can break down at any time (which would be extra hard to deal with in the dark).
          And if Jerry is going to be up to 2 hours late, which he will be given what people say from their previous experience, and since the grooming and tacking, and stuff will take time in any case, could we tell Jerry to arrive earlier? (It is not like we will be "dragging" him out of bed too early in any case, as I understand horse people are used to getting up early :-).

          I also understand that Friday afternoon the plan is to let the people who just got a hold of their rental horses get used to their horses, practice, and get authorized as necessary. That is indeed a very good plan also from my point of view, as I myself have no (equestrian) authorizations at all. I also understand that getting an appropriate marshall available for the authorizations, at the same time as they will be busy with organizational issues, will require patience, and more time again (which is another reason for getting the horses earlier). Of course, I do not expect anyone setting up anything for me just because I will already have my rental horse an hour or two earlier than you had suggested. I would be very happy to be able to go out for a ride first, and only then come back for the practice and authorizations that Friday in fact.

          Thank you very much for your consideration,
          Antonie

          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Elsie" <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

          > My plan is to tell him noon. I figure if he gets there by 2 that still gives folks 4+ hours of daylight to ride.
          >
          > Else
          >
          > PS I will do my best to have Senior Marshals available to do authorizations Friday PM if anyone has any check marks they need on their cards.
          >
          > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Dianne Karp <diannekarp@> wrote:
          > >
          > > And,. if you can get to his place in the Sac area and ride ahead of time,
          > > he can see what you can do and BRING the horse you rode on that day for
          > > you!!!
          > >
          > > Jerry cares deeply about his horses and about you (and the horse) having a
          > > good experience. HIs horses do films, mounted shooting and have had
          > > experience (in the past) with SCA games.
          > >
          > > The West has used Jerry's horses off and on for over 25 years. He
          > > understands us.
          > >
          > > Else - give him a time that is at least an hour eariler than you want him
          > > there on Fri as he is known for being, ummm a bit tardy.
          > >

          > > Siobhan
          > >

          > > On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Elsie <nancyreimers@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Good news. Jerry got back to me and will be able to provide rentals for
          > > > Gaston Phebus.
          > > >
          > > > Rentals will be $200 for Friday and Saturday. Friday will be set up for
          > > > Jerry to evaluate you and get you matched up with a horse. Saturday will be
          > > > the event itself. Jerry is also willing to provide trail ride time on
          > > > Sunday morning for an additional $75, if there is interest.
          > > >
          > > > Interested riders should email me (letting me know what your authorization
          > > > status is) and contact Jerry through jbranch.com or by calling
          > > > 916.991.9500
          > > >
          > > > Jerry reserves the right to limit the pace that riders can ride at. If you
          > > > would like to use your own tack please talk with zjerry about it in
          > > > advance. If you are greater than 200 lbs, let Jerry know so that he can
          > > > bring an appropriate horse.
          > > >
          > > > Jerry needs reservations from 4 riders by March 1st.
          > > >
          > > > Payment in full will be required by April 1st.
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Siobhan ni Seaghdha, OP
          > > Dianne Karp

        • Nancy Reimers
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19, 2012

            In the Shire of Canale we have a unique Geologic/Solar condition in which day length increases from Late December until Late June. Also the State of California mandates that we Spring Forward on March 11th.

            You'll have plenty of daylight. 4+ hours is plenty of time to ride.  And I'm not getting to site any earlier than Noon.

            That being said it is a public park and if you would like to make your own arrangements please feel free to do so.  Please do not use the SCA's name when making your own arrangements.

            Else

          • juliana_of_avon
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 19, 2012
              Henrik, Antonie et al

              As a reminder to THOSE WHO RENT HORSES - This may be an excellent time to establish a repore with Jerry and find out from Jerry what you can do to get him to come out to future events. As we discussed earlier ... people who have an eye to rent horses would be serving in their own best interest to foster a relationship with the Rental String. This way you can work side-by-side with an (EQ) Autocrat and EQ Marshals - you can call Jerry and you won't be forgotten about when we have EQ friendly events!

              YIS,

              Juliana of Avon