Fwd: [Cynagua] Cynaguan Mounted Archery Workshop February 5, 2012 - Brown's Valley

  • Nancy Reimers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Elsie <nancyreimers@...>
      Date: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM
      Subject: [Cynagua] Cynaguan Mounted Archery Workshop February 5, 2012 - Brown's Valley
      To: Cynagua@yahoogroups.com

      Cynagua is hosting a series of Equestrian Workshops in 2012 geared at helping Beginning through Advanced SCA Riders improve their weapons handling skills on horseback. This practices will be held at the covered arena at River Rock Cobs at 6449 Marysville Rd, Browns Valley, California.

      The first Workshop in the series will be focused on mounted archery and is ideally suited to:

      1) Archers who have at least a limited experience riding horses.
      2) Riders who would like to learn to shoot bows.
      3) Mounted Archers who are training a green horse.
      4) Mounted Archers that would like to practice Mogoo (sp?) and other experimental mounted archery challenges.

      Loaner bows and arrows available. No crossbows.

      Some loaner horses are likely to be available. Prospective riders need not be authorized to ride in the SCA yet, but should have a command of the basics of equestrian safety. If you are interested in getting some basic equestrian experience, feel free to ask and we can point you to a equestrian practice or an event with basic training available.

      This summer we will offer a workshop aimed at helping all levels of riders improve their use of mounted games as a training tool for mounted combat. This fall we will offer a workshop aimed at helping all levels of rider improve their mounted gaming skills for the Inter Kingdom Equestrian Competition. These workshops will be held at the same site. Dates TBD.

      Please feel free to ask if you have any questions,

      Else
      http://www.facebook.com/events/191732640922814/