Do we want a Mists Practice this Sunday AM? Let me know please!

  • Toni
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      I know August is a busy month, and some folks (including Marguerite ;-) ) will be at Pennsic. But I didn't hear from anyone regarding a Mists EQ practice for this Sunday, Aug. 7, at the usual time of 9-11 am.? Are any of you interested? Please let me know ASAP. If not, we'll set up a practice for September and skip August.

      Genevieve, Mists EQ officer
      tlwhyte AT comcast DOT net
      (925) 980-5232
    • henrikofhavn
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
        Your Excelency,

        As I've indicated before on this list, I think the accessability of good , experienced, rental stock is important for the West Kingdom. If the West (hopefully) ends up hosting the SCA's 50th year Celebration event in a few years, I believe the availability of such rental stock will become even more important, if we are to hold Equestrian events for everyone who will wants to ride in them.

        I have just today read posts on the SCA Jousting list and it sounds like the sport of jousting is growing in popularity in the USA outside the SCA as well as within it. A TV program "Full Metal Jousting " is in the early stages of production in Southern California, now, and when it debuts, sometime in 2012, most likely, it is sure to add to the non SCA popularity of that sport, as well as within the SCA.

        I believe that the eforts of such activities as the Equestrian activities at Gulf Wars and An Tir's Black Lion Emprise, among others, show that the popularity of Equestrian activities are strong in the SCA , even if they have become somewhat subdued here in the West, of late. It is for those who live outside this area who may not bring horses here, that rental stock becomes important. You saw how many horses we had at Hastings in 2006, and they came from all over England, to supply those of us not bringing our own. Some were trucked in from hundreds of miles away, while others were obtainmed locally.

        So to answer your inquiry, I wish I could attend as many of the Mists Practices as possible and intend to do so as my schedule and finances allow. I will be out of the state on the 7th and won't be available the following Sunday, either, but should be available any other Sunday. I prefer a late morning time frame, if possible, but will come earlier if that is the only time available.

        Henrik

        PS, Could you ask His Grace , Steingrim to contact me off list please?

        Thanks,

        H.
        We may not need as many , but developing what is available locally is important. That is one reason I've reserved a horse for Purgatorio, even though I don't know what I'm going to use it for, just yet.