Re: Prince Caspian Saddle Adjustmant Inquiry

  • Antonie Dvorakova
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
      Dear Ariadne in Caid,

      Thank you very much for your comprehensive response.

      I do not think the issue is that the saddle I received is more "bent back" toward the stomach of the rider than others. There is actually quite enough space for me in it (in fact I feel somewhat like your friend, whose "butt swims in it").

      It is just that the thighs are against the lower bits of the pommel part. And yes, I am short in the leg. I measure 5'06". And the position of the stirrup leathers is indeed somewhat forward. When you padded the cantle part for your friend so she's all the way forward, I assume that would not help me though. Would not that push my thighs even more towards the pommel part then?

      Thank you also for your advice not to try and fix anything myself, which pretty much means nothing will be fixed.

      So what remains is your statement that the saddles seem to be designed so that the thighs in fact are against the front of the saddle (which takes some getting used to). Well, if that is the case, perhaps I should just work on the getting used to it...?

      Thank you again,
      Antonie