Next EQ Practice & Upcomming Events

  • dcamville
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
      Greetings All...

      As was briefly stated the first Mists EQ practice went well.
      We had good attendance and the owners of Cuevas Ranch would like to
      have us back again! On the flipside: Not everyone paid their site fee
      (which EdC and I made up out of pocket). Also folks were not as
      courteous with "clean-up" after the event was over. Please remember
      to pick up your trash and horse poop next time. A HUG thanks to
      Bridget for assisting EdC and I with the site clean-up!

      How does NOVEMBER sound for our next practice? Any thoughts?

      MISTS CORONET: Fort Ord Septemeber 26-28. There WILL be horses at
      Mists Coronet. Most liley authorizatiosn and games will happen...but
      Their Highnesses may have other plans for the EQ folks as well!
      Elisabeth will need shelp on Friday to set up the equipments and
      Saturday night for tear down. Please volunteer! If you are bringing
      yoir horse PLEASE let us know at EITHER dcamville@... OR
      gizzell@.... We would also need to know if any horses in
      attendenace may be ridden by others and at what level the rider
      should be. (example Phoenix can handle beginner riders while ROcky
      needs an intermediate/advanced CONFIDENT rider).

      CROWN: Woodland (Yolo COunty Fairgrounds) October 3-5. Looks like
      there is an arena for use! Stall space is limited however so IF you
      are bringing your horse PLEASE let the autocrat know ASAP.
      Do we have an EQMiC for the day yet? Elsabeth can do it IF NO-ONE
      ELSE can do the job...so PLEASE volunteer if you can be EQMiC!

      EQ EVENT: October 19 Loomis, CA: This sounds like a BLAST! Hope to
      see many of you there! Lunch sounds like a GREAT idea...count us in!

      Thats all from here! See eveyone at Coronet!

      Cheers!

      EdC/RdC
    • tlwhyte17
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2003
        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "dcamville" <dcamville@e...>
        wrote:
        On the flipside: Not everyone paid their site fee
        > (which EdC and I made up out of pocket). Also folks were not as
        > courteous with "clean-up" after the event was over. Please remember
        > to pick up your trash and horse poop next time. A HUG thanks to
        > Bridget for assisting EdC and I with the site clean-up!

        Thanks for bringing this up so that we can deal with it. I believe
        this is a case of miscommunication. When I left the site I thought we
        had cleaned--I did a brief look around for trash and didn't see
        anything. Per poop clean up I don't remember seeing much, but I do
        remember wondering about the arena.

        Two suggestions: 1) Have a rake clearly visable where activities are
        being held, announce it's presence, and remind everyone that it needs
        to be used. Along with that are clear instuctions as to where we need
        to put the waste (compost pile? designated bucket?).
        2) Institute an "all clear" from the autocrat or EqMiC. I think
        everyone was willing to help, but I believe we thought we were done.
        If we institute some sort of "all clear" check then perhalps we all
        stay on the same page and can avoid such occurrances in the future.

        Genevieve